SiouxSports.com Forum

Annual Hoggsbreath Lunch Thread - Saturday March 21, 2015

MafiaMan

My wife and I really had a great time. Thanks for being so inviting to us. Thanks again Siouxman for the parking pass. The door prizes were great too. I can't wait until next time.

Can't extend enough thanks to CMSioux for taking over the show in my absence. Glad you had a great time and hope to meet some folks next year. If you had such a good time that you'll be back, make sure you pass the word along so we can get some more folks there next year.

Did the bar owner or manager thank the gang for coming in? Fingers crossed that he did.

• Upvote 1

Can't extend enough thanks to CMSioux for taking over the show in my absence. Glad you had a great time and hope to meet some folks next year. If you had such a good time, make sure you pass the word along so we can get some more folks there next year.

Did the bar owner or manager thank the gang for coming in? Fingers crossed that he did.

Yes he did. He was very gracious. It was a lot of fun. I am just bummed my buddy MM didn't make it today. 

• Upvote 1

Good turnout - we even had some Sioux fans stop in because they saw the sign - they didn't know anything about the social. The owner (Tom?) was very gracious, This is a great event to fill in the Saturday morning lull - 10:30 start time is very accomodating to a late night and the Hoggsbreath breakfast fare hits the spot. (Someone need to get our photo to a member of the hockey team - Burn the Ships!).

In years past, I have given away t-shirts with the Hogfsbreath logo in Fighting Sioux team colors. Can't afford to be as generous these days, but would certainly have some printed up at reasonable cost for next year if there was enough interest. I'll put some pics up in this thread in a day or two...

Good turnout - we even had some Sioux fans stop in because they saw the sign - they didn't know anything about the social. The owner (Tom?) was very gracious, This is a great event to fill in the Saturday morning lull - 10:30 start time is very accomodating to a late night and the Hoggsbreath breakfast fare hits the spot. (Someone need to get our photo to a member of the hockey team - Burn the Ships!).

That's hilarious that fans who didn't even know about it stopped in. Were they locals or stayed at a hotel near there?

Photo sent to YaneA and tweeted to Pattyn a few minutes ago!

Sioux Fan in Sioux Falls...sent you a PM.

• Upvote 1

That's hilarious that fans who didn't even know about it stopped in. Were they locals or stayed at a hotel near there?

PM'd ya back, MafiaMan

I don't tweet (yet), but my daughter does . She just tweeted it to a few more (MacMillan, Olson, O'Donnell, Johnson, Parks, N. Schmalz, Caggiula) with the hashtags #BurnTheShips #GoSioux

Their story was: one couple from Fargo, one couple from Wisconsin. They had to drive somewhere to pick up a car, looking for a "Perkins" drove past Hoggsbreath and saw the sign so they pulled in just before we started the festivities. They didn't sit with us (The two ladies wanted to sit on a high boy table) but they did enjoy taking part - thanked us and two of them won doorprizes. 

P.S. Everyone in attendance was inducted into the Sioux Forever Historical Preservation Society and awarded all the privileges associated with membership. Want to become a member - come to Hoggsbreath next year. 

• Upvote 2

A few requests for short sleeves...can order those if I get an even dozen for-sures...could probably get BURN THE SHIPS! on back without any extra cost too.

Which color short sleeve will you order if you get a dozen? We'd likely be in for a couple. Btw, love the idea of BURN THE SHIPS on the back!

Gotcha, wasn't sure the dozen could be split among the3 colors.

Might be able to if they're all white, grey, or black because they would all have green ink. Gotta double check that though...

What color(s) are you interested in?