SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (5-3) @ EWU (3-5)

SWSiouxMN

UND brings its new attitude and 3 game winning streak in the Sky on the road this week as they pull the Pacific Northwest swing of the of the trip. First stop is the young and plucky Eastern Washington Eagles.

If UND wants to get back into the race these next two weeks will go a huge way to determining their fate, Eastern is a team that wants to play very fast, and like most young teams, play well at home (3-0), then on the road (0-5). Jois is a very dangerous individual in the post and Harvey is a guard that can go off for 40 at any time (and he is a freshman!). They live and die by the 3, as they lead the conference in 3 point shot makes and attemps. They however are not very deep at the moment and they do tend to turn the ball over as well.

UND needs to keep up what they have been doing, look to take good shots and make the extra pass. Be sure to put a lot of pressure on the ball and force some turnovers.

If UND bring their SAC/NAU game plans up to EWU, they will come away with a road win. My hope is that they can go into Weber next Thursday with a 7-3 record in conference.

Guess I didn't remember him from last year, so I instantly thought freshman :D

the team last year was able to sweep Eastern and Portland on the road, my thought are they should be able to do it again.

Do agree that their bigs will be problematic. Traylor, Nash and Salmonson will need to play very well on both ends

UND brings its new attitude and 3 game winning streak in the Sky on the road this week as they pull the Pacific Northwest swing of the of the trip. First stop is the young and plucky Eastern Washington Eagles.

If UND wants to get back into the race these next two weeks will go a huge way to determining their fate, Eastern is a team that wants to play very fast, and like most young teams, play well at home (3-0), then on the road (0-5). Jois is a very dangerous individual in the post and Harvey is a guard that can go off for 40 at any time (and he is a freshman!). They live and die by the 3, as they lead the conference in 3 point shot makes and attemps. They however are not very deep at the moment and they do tend to turn the ball over as well.

UND needs to keep up what they have been doing, look to take good shots and make the extra pass. Be sure to put a lot of pressure on the ball and force some turnovers.

If UND bring their SAC/NAU game plans up to EWU, they will come away with a road win. My hope is that they can go into Weber next Thursday with a 7-3 record in conference.

They have no bench, their starters play 35+ minutes each and only one other player plays around 9-10 minutes a game. It would be huge if we can get them into foul trouble and bring out a huge weakness of theirs (the bench) or just run them into the ground and wear them out.

I think you will need to play Eastern differently than you played Sac. They do take threes but they like to test you with Jois first to see if he can take it to you. If he gets two quick fouls the three fest will begin as he goes to the bench. The kid that has recently come back from injury has disrupted chemistry a little bit. But he went off for 30 the other night. If Harvey is on, its going to be a tough match up. Offensively there will not be a lot of room in the paint. I do think the coaching edge goes to Hayford and the eagles. I have seen Hayford make adjustments, I am not sure Brian Jones knows how to make in game adjustments