SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Jan 23-24

Smoggy

So CC drops another one. Isn't that 7 straight WCHA losses? That will drop some PWR rankings for some teams if UW wins another one.

Denver gets by UAA in overtime. I do not want to be the team that faces UAA in the tourneys. Especially if the refs are "letting them play." Denver is an enigma.

UMDogz, was the UMD-MTU game close? I know it was 3-1. Missed your recap. Quit going to games!

And SCSU pulls out the barn burner 8-5 over Mankato. I've got nothing to add on that one.

The Dogs brutally outshot MTU. Tech could only put pressure on the Dogs during the PP. Lots of running the goaltender in the Saturday game. Even Tech's captain got a charging the goaltender penalty. Also a 5 min major for boarding late in the third. The lone goal for Tech friday was on a 5X3 that was handed to them.

Right you are!! Didn't get to see that goon at all this weekend.

He is so terrible defensivley, probably wouldn't have been a bad thing for MDU to have him playing for MTU. On the other hand, with the game in hand last night, he would no doubt have been trolling for fights late in the game, and I'd guess Duluth would have one or more takers, as the Sioux did. So probably you should thank Hale for taking him out of the Duluth series.

Don't like MTU being the last series on the Sioux schedule before the playoffs. With nothing to play for, what will stop Scott and company from looking for fights all weekend. Hope the Sioux with a tendancy to get lured into that play smart and don't eliminate themselves from the playoff's.

If the Sioux finish first, hope MTU puts Mankato in last place, for the same reasons as above. Even worse would be having to play them two weekends in a row.

I was sitting at home all weekend in my living room.

Do you have a blizzard going on at GF yet? Terrible weekend out west, but kid is home and putting off driving back to GF until tomorrow. Still bad out here today, although the snow has mostly stopped, just blowing now.

Do you have a blizzard going on at GF yet?

Yes, we are in a winter storm warning through tonight. I took my wife to work in East Grand Forks around 11 a.m. and they told her to go home. Here's a link that keeps you advised of the latest forecast. This weather radar gives the best view of what's going on out here. Or you can just go to my Web site at grandforker.com and use the weather links I have conveniently provided. :silly:

Do you have a blizzard going on at GF yet? Terrible weekend out west, but kid is home and putting off driving back to GF until tomorrow. Still bad out here today, although the snow has mostly stopped, just blowing now.

I am kind of wondering the same thing I have to drive to Fargo tomorrow for work. So I am hoping the wind stops and the road is clear tomorrow.

I went out and snow blow my drive way and I am not sure I would qualify this as a blizzard but its a pretty good snow storm. We must have gotten 3-4 inches of snow. I think the wind speed has to be over 30 miles an hour to be classified as a Blizzard but I wouldn't tell anyone to drive in this crap. Stay home and be safe.

Yes, we are in a winter storm warning through tonight. I took my wife to work in East Grand Forks around 11 a.m. and they told her to go home. Here's a link that keeps you advised of the latest forecast. This weather radar gives the best view of what's going on out here. Or you can just go to my Web site at grandforker.com and use the weather links I have conveniently provided. :silly:

The Radar doesn't paint a very good picture. Yesh, it must be winter.

Anyone know who much snow the got out west? I am thinking with all the snow we are getting this winter Ducktober is going to be really good this season.

Anyone know who much snow the got out west? I am thinking with all the snow we are getting this winter Ducktober is going to be really good this season.

Winter started early out here, a couple feet of wet stuff in November, and after this weekend we're probably up to 3 feet. Doubt if many peasants (spelling intentional) will survive, but we should have boatloads of water next spring. Dux R Us.

Thanks for the links. I've been looking at online radar/forecast/road report and it didn't look good, so he's home until tomorrow. Don't expect roads to be good, but the snow should end.

Winter started early out here, a couple feet of wet stuff in November, and after this weekend we're probably up to 3 feet. Doubt if many peasants (spelling intentional) will survive, but we should have boatloads of water next spring. Dux R Us.

Thats the bad part the more snow there is the better for the ducks, the more snow there is the less pheasant there will be unless they can have two successful hatches next summer. Thats possible, however, if there is a lot of rain during the summer that will be bad for the Pheasants too. Cross your fingers.

My question is how in the hell did SCSU lose to MSU-M they are horrible. That had to be a miss print right? :silly:

JBSU is dropping player like sacks of dirt. They have a lot of players that started the season out of the line up. Conboy is hooked on phonics so he is once again eligable academically, but that is about it. It is quite odd that this team could not provide offense at the beginning of the season, but defensively were strong. Complete turnaround after Christmas. The road is not getting any easier for them. Mid-season prediction. JBSU travels to AA for first round of the WCHA playoffs.

My question is how in the hell did SCSU lose to MSU-M they are horrible. That had to be a miss print right? :silly:

SCSU probably lost because they came onto the ice yesterday with your mentality, Goon ;)

Any team regardless of how bad can beat a superior one if they catch them off guard or just have a better game. Like the Gophers last night, or when Pittsburgh beat the Red Wings earlier this season.

Sorry to whoever on this board is a Penguins fan, but they really do stink this year, but the good news is that it appears that getting rid of Jagr wasn't all that bad of a deal after all.

SCSU probably lost because they came onto the ice yesterday with your mentality, Goon ;)

Any team regardless of how bad can beat a superior one if they catch them off guard or just have a better game. Like the Gophers last night, or when Pittsburgh beat the Red Wings earlier this season.

Sorry to whoever on this board is a Penguins fan, but they really do stink this year, but the good news is that it appears that getting rid of Jagr wasn't all that bad of a deal after all.

I realize that, however, they would have had to lay an egg bad in far as effort and attitude. I mean I saw them play three times this season once in Bemidji and twice on Televison and they are not a very good hockey team. MSU-M couldn't even move the puck up ice on the powerplay...

Your right on Jagr, now he can go hang out with all of the over paid Pre-maddonas on New York Rangers.

Jagr played for the capitals.

Jagr played for the capitals.

Most of his career was spent at the Penguins. The Penguins traded him in a massive deal about 2 years ago to the Caps, which marked the end of success for both the Penguins and the Caps. Expect the Rangers to continue to wallow in mediocrity as a result of this trade.

I know he played for the Penguins, but the post made it sound like the penguins traded jagr to the rangers.

True, and I apologize, but I remember the Jagr trade to the Caps. Everyone was saying how this was a BAD move by Pittsburgh and that it would result in the team falling to mediocrity. Now, seeing that the Caps didn't benefit from him very much and traded him, I said that the trade turned out for the better.

True, the Penguins are now in mediocrity like the fans stated, but for very different reasons. No money = no players. No quality players = no veteran leadership. In other words, the Penguins couldnt do what has made the Devils so good if they tried because they can BARELY afford Fleury (some even say that they can't). They are going to have the #1 pick again this year and I bet you anything they won't be able to afford it. They can't even trade the pick away because the players that they'd deserve in return would cost too much.

The Penguins, I'd hate to say, are done unless they get some sort of financial winfall or move to a more lucrative market (where?)