SiouxSports.com Forum

COACHES SHOW

SiouxperFan

Did anyone in GF get to listen to the coaches show tonight??   If so give us some details on who he was talking about and who is injured, etc.

Sure wish they were on line so we all could listen.

See everyone in Minny.

Anyone have any extra tickets for the games you would be willing to part with??  Sure need a couple.

e-mail me at siouxpermom@yahoo.com

Blais is happy with the progress being shown by the team and he believes they will make a run at a home ice playoff spot.

Chad Mazurak may be back in the lineup this weekend, but David Lundbohm is probably still out.

The Sioux will take 3 goalies to Mpls. Siembida will probably play one game. Kollar is said to being showing signs in practice of regaining his confidence.

Blais compared Brandon Bochenski's production as a freshman to guys like Bayda, Jeff Panzer, and Ian Kallay. He said that Bochenski and James Massen may be the most talented goal scorers on the team. Massen is finally starting to bloom.

Oh...and Brady Murray (Zach Parise's linemate at Shattuck St. Mary's) has apparently verballed to UND. :)  Murray is a junior, so he would not appear on campus until the fall of 2003.

The issue has been raised on USCHO that a school can't say that a player "verballed," in fact it can't say anything about a recruit until he signs, except that it is recruiting him.  So I hope the commitment was announced by someone on the show other than Blais.  I would expect that he knows the rules, but perhaps he slipped.

The Sioux will take 3 goalies to Mpls. Siembida will probably play one game. Kollar is said to being showing signs in practice of regaining his confidence.

I think this is something they should not flirt with. I hope Blais is smarter than that to come back with Andy. I hope that he gets no where further than on the bench with a clipp board...

Doc, thanks for the great report.  There is much very encouraging news in there.

Goon, take it easy on Andy.  You weren't this down on him the last 3 years, were you? If the guy works himself back into "shape" we'll be better off, don't you think?

I also am curious as to the rules regarding the announcement of Murray's verbal.  I do believe until signed on the line that the coach can't comment.  But not sure of that.  And if so, who actually did mention this?

Dagies here is the way I look at it...

I was a huge Toby Fan when he played at UND, he  was from Bemidji and It was cool watching a kid from my home town doing good. During his last year toby didn't play and stepped aside gracefully. Andy should do the same thing.

I mean I think we can still make the tourney as a at large bid or as a 12 seed. Why not try to do it with the young kids? Beside Blaiser said if a new kid was as good as a older kid the new kid would be playing.  We need to look forward to the future, much like the Viking are now...

Goon, I don't disagree when considering who is playing "as well" as the other guy.

But if Kollar is outplaying the others I have no problem with Blais deciding to put him in a game.  I personally would sweat because I haven't seen him practice myself, but if that's waht Blais decides is best, I'm not going to get upset about it.  But I am sure of this.  If Andy plays himself into a game and then gives up a couple softies, he's done for the year.

Boy this is going to sound like I am crumbing on Andy and I don't mean that.  But I hope he isn't playing against AA.  I'm coming up for that series and I want to see Brandt and Siembeda.  Reason is because they are both freshmen and I haven't seen them in person before.

George, I played football with him and he was impressive. He would have been one of the biggest guys to play in the NHL. As far as a hockey player he was really good. He as a great body checker. Good hands for a big guy too...

Sorry I can't answer your question, but it's so odd that I was thinking of Big George just this week myself, for no good reason, and for the first time in years.

I believe the accident happened over Labor Day weekend, after the first few days of school.  I never saw him play, but his size surely would have given a boost to a pro career.

In Fight on Sioux, Gino says that George would have played on the first line with Hrkac and Joyce and would have been impressive.  I think he was what, 6-4, 230?

A monster on the ice.

I remember hearing that at school, and how sad it was.  Of course, I didn't know George, but you thought about how sad it was.

I watched Pelawa a couple of times.

Imagine Jay Panzer All-American skills (I say Jay because GP wasn't as quick as Jeff) in a Mike Commodore frame but with bulk like Lee Goren. GP wasn't just tall, he was solid.

The best comparison at the time was Joel Otto (big, strong, skilled) of Bemidji State then Calgary.

Quote: from HKNTSMN on 6:07 pm on Jan. 7, 2002

Can you get the coaches show on the internet now?

If so what is the website....

Don't believe either of the stations Goon mentioned have any streaming audio, so probably not. Someone please correct me if they do.

You are right, Sprig.

I watched the game on Sun night.  When the gopher player ran Siembida, Hale immediately turned to see if a penalty was called.  I was wondering what might have happened if no call was made...

I watched a Sioux - goofer game from 1999 the other day while on the stair master.  In the last minute of the game Commodore and Westrum were going at it in front of the net, trying to get position.  The Gophers had pulled their goalie.  They are battling away, using sticks and everything.  Finally, Westrum give Commodore 2 successive butt ends to the chin.  Commy had enough.  A 2 hander crosscheck to the side of Westrum's head.  Westrum went down in a heap, and the camera zero's in on Commodore.  Couldn't read his lips but he was basically telling Westrum who he was dealing with.

I'll be honest.  I'm not happy with Commy hitting someone somewhere dangerous like that.  But I didn't mind Westrum getting a bit of his own.  :-)