SiouxSports.com Forum

Pic of new SCSU stadium

huskies679

NDSUgrad-Yes it is smaller than what you have at NDSU but SCSU has alot of improving to do when it comes to football attendance. It will seat 6000 and the curved part is visitor seating. For now, I just hope we can fill what is being built. Now that it is on campus we will get close to filling it.

I VERY MUCH ENVY THE FAN SUPPORT  FOR NDSU AND UND.

For UND, anyway, attendance largely followed success. I seem to recall that the gate picked up quite a bit when the team improved in the 90s, and then really spiked for the new stadium/national championship.

I suspect that if UND put together a string of < .500 seasons, attendance would drop 25-50%. Start winning and the fans will show up. A new stadium is a perfect time, because the team has the interest of the community already.

as much as you may hate the alerus center, just remember that it has produced 2 teams in the national championship game and two home semi-final games in 3 years of existence, with one national title coming from them. memorial stadium, while i loved it and miss it, produced none of the above. it's helped UND quite a bit. but i would love to watch games outside on a nice fall day, thats for sure.

valid point Dave....I am not sure the building won the games.....but the crowd wouldnt have been as big that is for sure...even though it was still pretty nice outside with the semi final game...not bitterly cold anyway...and i do miss old memorial as well...nothing like playing football outside.....inside is good for the fans...outside is good for the players...those are my thoughts....

the last time i was at memorial it was when todd bouman ran in a last second td for a scsu win. that was a blast. i still remember how perplexed i was at the back rest rentals. what a great idea.

indoor vs outdoor, scsu tried for a indoor staduim and it lost in a close vote. we are funding the new stadium through student fees and private donations. hey, you should have put a retractable roof on the alerus. :glare:

the last time i was at memorial it was when todd bouman ran in a last second td for a scsu win.  that was a blast.  i still remember how perplexed i was at the back rest rentals.  what a great idea.

indoor vs outdoor, scsu tried for a indoor staduim and it lost in a close vote.  we are funding the new stadium through student fees and private donations.  hey, you should have put a retractable roof on the alerus.  :glare:

UGGHH!!!! i was at that game. it was UND's potato bowl, i believe, and UND was making a goal line stand. i believe he scored on 4th down to win the game. i was sick to my stomach.