Ross, Jared (C, Alabama-Huntsville) 1069 71 77 5635

Conner, Chris (F, Michigan Tech) 816 117 78 4509

Lessard, Junior (F, Minnesota-Duluth) 749 94 97 4124

Bochenski, Brandon (F, North Dakota) 506 177 191 3252

Murphy, Colin (LW, Michigan Tech) 132 714 61 2863

Parise, Zach (F, North Dakota) 140 555 237 2602

http://www.hobeybaker.com/vfh/standings_phase2.php

Time to start voting everyone.

I wonder if there are any rules about campaigning or promoting a Hobey candidate. You know how Hollywood agents take out full-page ads in the trade papers asking Academy Award voters to consider the brilliant work of some silicone/collagen/Botox-infused actress for the Oscar nomination. Wonder what UND is allowed to do in Bo's behalf or Parise's?

Wonder what UND is allowed to do in Bo's behalf or Parise's?

When Brown was here for the holiday tournament, they included an insert in their media guide that promoted Yann Danis for the Hobey. I know that the UND Athletics Dept. has done promotions for Sioux Hobey candidates in the past, but I'm not sure what they're doing this season.

Schools have promoted their Hobey candidates in an attempt to raise public awareness and influence the voters for a while, but I'm rather surprised by the recent trend of schools making an official drive to stuff the ballot box for the fan vote. I'm even somewhat surprised by the fan interest in the fan vote; kudos to Hobey Baker & USCHO for its success.

#1 Ross, Jared; Alabama-Hunstville; (Vote for Hobey is hyped on UAH's front athletics page)

#2 Connor, Chris; Michigan Tech; (Readers of Mich. Tech's official hockey page encouraged to vote once per day in the fan vote)

#3 Lessard, Junior; Minnesota-Duluth; (no formal online push by school)

#4 Bochenski, Brandon; North Dakota; (no formal online push by school)

#5 Murphy, Colin; Michigan Tech; (Riding the same publicity as Connor, above)

#6 Parise, Zach; North Dakota; (no formal online push by school)

#7 Munroe, Scott; Alabama-Huntsville; (apparently the #2 guy at UAH, who all the Ross voters put in their #2 slot)

#8 Vanek, Thomas; Minnesota; (no formal online push by school)

#9 Ehgoetz, Barret; Niagara; (Status of fan voting noted on front athletics page)

Apparently the WCHA schools feel no need to encourage their fans to vote, yet they have the most fans voting anyway.

Thx for the UAH link, Jim, "used" it to further the Bochenski cause; for some reason I get more pleasure from using their link than the one here. :glare:

Apparently the WCHA schools feel no need to encourage their fans to vote, yet they have the most fans voting anyway.

More votes, yes, but more votes for a lot of different players instead of the focused effort at UAH where they have ballot stuffing galore for ONE player.

Schools have promoted their Hobey candidates in an attempt to raise public awareness and influence the voters for a while, but I'm rather surprised by the recent trend of schools making an official drive to stuff the ballot box for the fan vote. I'm even somewhat surprised by the fan interest in the fan vote; kudos to Hobey Baker & USCHO for its success.

#1 Ross, Jared; Alabama-Hunstville; (Vote for Hobey is hyped on UAH's front athletics page)

#2 Connor, Chris; Michigan Tech; (Readers of Mich. Tech's official hockey page encouraged to vote once per day in the fan vote)

#3 Lessard, Junior; Minnesota-Duluth; (no formal online push by school)

#4 Bochenski, Brandon; North Dakota; (no formal online push by school)

#5 Murphy, Colin; Michigan Tech; (Riding the same publicity as Connor, above)

#6 Parise, Zach; North Dakota; (no formal online push by school)

#7 Munroe, Scott; Alabama-Huntsville; (apparently the #2 guy at UAH, who all the Ross voters put in their #2 slot)

#8 Vanek, Thomas; Minnesota; (no formal online push by school)

#9 Ehgoetz, Barret; Niagara; (Status of fan voting noted on front athletics page)

UMD has been plugging the Hobey voting at home games, and also during radio broadcasts. The public voting only counts for 1% of the total votes, and the coaches votes count for 99%. Makes all the ballot stuffing a little ridiculous,seeing as how fans are basically powerless to decide who gets the Hobey.

The public voting only counts for 1% of the total votes, and the coaches votes count for 99%. Makes all the ballot stuffing a little ridiculous,seeing as how fans are basically powerless to decide who gets the Hobey.

The fan vote may sway coaches that are not familiar with players in other conferences. Moreso it is just a fun poll for the fans. Leaving decisions like this up to the fans is a horrible idea. Look at the NHL All-Star roster, or even worse the NBA - players are being voted for that don't even play.

Heretofore, UND did a horrible job of marketing athletics. I hold out hope that now that there are some professionals involved via REA, they will mount a campaign to promote our boys aimed at the powerful coaches voting block. I'm sure the Ralph has the wherewithal to produce highlight videos and other promotional materials in an impressive looking package and can find a Hobey voters mailing list. Somebody ought to insist, assuming such campaigning is with the rules, that they do exactly that.

I think some of the problem is that it is Bochenski who is the Hobey canidate. At the beginning of the year it was supposed to be Parise. They still sort of want to push Parise because he is still the big name guy on the team so Brandon gets kinda hosed. That and UND always seems to goof stuff up. Promote them both, I don't care. But get off your butt and do something.

Maybe they should take those Bochenski Bucks SCCC students made and edit them into Hobey Bucks. In Bochenski We Trust. :glare: