SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux fans vs. Gopher fans

Marty

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cheered for the Sioux in both of their last two NC game appearances, and the Sioux fans that sat near me (two different set of fans) at the X for the both the 2002 Frozen Four and the 2003 WCHA Final Five were great to chat with, and in their own way conceded that they supported the Gophers.

Goon, like I said neither program is going anywhere but up. :(

Stealing a line from ESPN.com today: "If you had no one to root against, you'd have so much less to root for."

That biased Gopher media has gotten out of hand this week. Mike Max had Zach on last night. KFAN is having Dean Blais on this morning. Star Tribune had a story on Jordan Parise. Pioneer Press has a Vanek-Parise story today. PA says Zach Parise is the best player in the upper midwest. Dubay predicts a split. Woog predicts a split.

Why won't they respect the Sioux and give them some pub?

Stealing a line from ESPN.com today: "If you had no one to root against, you'd have so much less to root for."

That biased Gopher media has gotten out of hand this week. Mike Max had Zach on last night. KFAN is having Dean Blais on this morning. Star Tribune had a story on Jordan Parise. Pioneer Press has a Vanek-Parise story today. PA says Zach Parise is the best player in the upper midwest. Dubay predicts a split. Woog predicts a split.

Why won't they respect the Sioux and give them some pub?

Who is bitching about pub?

Doesn't the arrogance of the Twin Cities media astound you? PA actually told Dean Blais to his face (figure of speech) that he was classy. That guy's got a lot of nerve.

As a Gopher fan, I'm appalled at these displays of arrogance by our media.

Hey cracker...I think we were referring to the Gopher fan's being arrogant more so than the media. Drop a few more titles in you're bucket then come talk to me.

OK, whatever you say. Glen Sonmor has his own thread on this board. PA and Dubay are routinely brought up and of course, there's Doug Woog and Frank Mazzacco references littered throughout...yep, no Sioux fans are talking about the arrogant Twin Cities media.

And it's "your" bucket, not "you're" bucket.

Ooooooo, correcting grammar -- way to buttress your argument. If you search the board hard enough you might be able to find a misspelled word, too! That would really show the Sioux fans who's got the better hockey team!

I cheered for the Sioux in both of their last two NC game appearances, and the Sioux fans that sat near me (two different set of fans) at the X for the both the 2002 Frozen Four and the 2003 WCHA Final Five were great to chat with, and in their own way conceded that they supported the Gophers.

Goon, like I said neither program is going anywhere but up. :(

Agree Slap Shot. :)

OK, whatever you say. Glen Sonmor has his own thread on this board. PA and Dubay are routinely brought up and of course, there's Doug Woog and Frank Mazzacco references littered throughout...yep, no Sioux fans are talking about the arrogant Twin Cities media.

Thanks I will click on the checker next time. Be sure not to type so fast that I miss a punctuation or grammar slippage. Ooooops.

Me be there cfm . . . .

Gotta stand tonight. Section 3 with the two kids. All in Sioux jerseys.

I've got a #29, Cookowski.

Stop by and give us a slap. I'm teaching my kids to be avid Sioux supporters early in their lives.

TC? What say you?

NDH...Well if you and the kids are in Sioux jerseys you certainly will be friends of mine. Standing is ok - that way you don't have to jump up and potentially spill your beverage when Bochenski goes top shelf on Brigg's stick side during period 1.

SRO is different. We've got spots marked on the floor.

Rush allows you to grab an empty seat or spot, but you must sacrifice it to the true ticket holder should they show.

Any local fans going to the Blue Liner bean feed?

That is kinda strange - I would suspect that this game will yield no open seats. So what do all those "rush" folks do then? Sit on the stairs? or stand behind the SRO people?

That is kinda strange - I would suspect that this game will yield no open seats. So what do all those "rush" folks do then? Sit on the stairs? or stand behind the SRO people?

pretty much...altho you can't obstruct the rows...fire rules y'know...but, unfortunatly, there are always a few "Corpie" seats open...the BANE of a college hockey fan, but they bring in $$$ :(

WPoS

Thanks WPoS. No kids deserve to see their daddy beat up in front of them.

My young son is doing well enough asking for his own beatin' from Gopher fans.

Geez. Are we all pumped or what? I don't care if we're there in person, standing or sitting, watching the Woogenmeisterdrinkoholic on FOX, listening or watching the Hennessy feed on the internet radio, or sitting in some sports bar across the country, this is THE sporting event, BAR NONE, across the nation tonight.

Many folks just don't realize it.

Drop the 'ing Puck!!

Thanks WPoS. No kids deserve to see their daddy beat up in front of them.

My young son is doing well enough asking for his own beatin' from Gopher fans.

Geez. Are we all pumped or what? I don't care if we're there in person, standing or sitting, watching the Woogenmeisterdrinkoholic on FOX, listening or watching the Hennessy feed on the internet radio, or sitting in some sports bar across the country, this is THE sporting event, BAR NONE, across the nation tonight.

Many folks just don't realize it.

Drop the 'ing Puck!!

You got that right...I say a little hats off to the Gophers for pulling it together a little. As much as I enjoyed sitting through the beating they took in November. This series WOULND'T be nearly as good if they were still struggling at the bottom of the WCHA (contrary of course to what value Chia places on it).