SiouxSports.com Forum

Breakout Players 2013

geaux_sioux

Defense ill go Butler and Edwards. Offense ill go with Shaugabay and Pecosky. Bonus special teams pick, William Vanilla Thunder James.

Butler could become the enforcer along side Lewis. Edwards will become a playmaking NT. Something we haven't had since 2001. Shaugabay should take over #1 RB spot with Pecosky clearing big holes. The former OL should be a really good FB in the trenches. James will kill it on kick coverage.

Defense:

DB Butler- Kid is a talented beast. If he can connect the dots in the playbook he could be special.

LB Goodman- He has been a starter but he was injured most of last season. I think he has a great season if he can stay healthy.

Offense:

Shaugs- He runs mean and that is one element of the run game that we were lacking, See game at UNC.

Sparks- He is that solid but quick tailback that resembles some of the better Big Sky running backs. The PSU back that tore us up comes to mind. Of course he needs to get some playing time first.

Special Teams: Casey Young- From what i have gathered he has a great work ethic and is a good program guy. I hope he ends up being the long snapper because I can see him getting off the line quickly and getting downfield to help cover punts. If that's the case we could see some good hits out of him.

Offense:

Dustin Adams- (OL needs to be better this year)

AJ Stockwell- (Coaches have him as a TE right now for a reason and position is wide open)

Defense:

Taj Rich/Dayo Idowu- (our OLBs really underperformed last season. They didn't look athletic enough to play at this level. I think both these guys have the chance to get some reps this year)

Rumeal Harris- (Kid has the size we need at CB and it is a position that is wide open for reps)

Javen Butler- (hoping the ability he has when we signed him shows up on the field this year, we need improved play there this year)

Special Teams:

Casey Young- (taking over long snapping duties)