SiouxSports.com Forum

Opening Drive

geaux_sioux

Really!? Well that's good news to hear!

If you go to the actual youtube page it describes it in more detail.

"Opening Drive, a behind-the-scenes look at the North Dakota football team, is back for its second season. The web show will preview the 2013 season for the University of North Dakota with weekly episodes leading up to the kickoff on Thursday, Aug. 29. Episodes will continue monthly through the season.

Opening Drive returns as newcomers come to campus, move into residence halls and get ready for their first collegiate practice. Meanwhile the returning members of the team look to build off a first season in the Big Sky Conference.

The next episode of Opening Drive will debut on Aug. 15 at 9 p.m. on UNDsports.com and Youtube.com/undathletics.

Opening Drive is presented by Scheels.

Use the hash tags #NDproud and #OpeningDrive to talk about the series on social media. Follow UND football with #BrickByBrick."

The view of how cramped the locker rooms gives you a better appreciation of what the new IPF will do for recruitment and the overall morale of the players.

I actually have to disagree with you on that. Having experienced that locker room for myself I know how close everyone is to each other. It actually makes the team a closer knit family. Instead of having it spread way out like the alerus you're right next to your brothers. I don't like when locker rooms are too big it takes away from the togetherness.

I actually have to disagree with you on that. Having experienced that locker room for myself I know how close everyone is to each other. It actually makes the team a closer knit family. Instead of having it spread way out like the alerus you're right next to your brothers. I don't like when locker rooms are too big it takes away from the togetherness.

I could see that. But as a recruit, what were your first impressions? Or do you think that potential recruits see it as a plus or minus? Serious question, not being a troll.

I could see that. But as a recruit, what were your first impressions? Or do you think that potential recruits see it as a plus or minus? Serious question, not being a troll.

It's not what the recruit sees as much as it is a coach able to explain why a tight knit family starts with a tight knit locker room both literally and figuratively. And compared to the old lockers the last thing I'm worried about now is the impression the locker room makes on recruits. The new lockers are innumerably better than the old. What a recruit would notice is that our locker room is way nicer than ndsu's.

Check out Jake Howrschners twitter for an example of tight knit.

• 4 weeks later...

We need to get you some Mydol or something. I get that you're pissed about the last two games as am I, but the season isn't over yet and the team deserves support.

A combination of acetaminophen and caffeine won't be necessary, but thanks for the gesture. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to supporting the team against Montana State a week from Saturday. After all, I have mentioned before on here that I believe the team can make that game competitive, and even if the team loses two more games, they could still have a shot at the playoffs with a 7-4 record. In a more realistic sense, the chances this team records 7 wins largely falls on the potential improvement of the defense and overall discipline of the team. With the way the team has played thus far, I don't see it.