SiouxSports.com Forum

Hotel for a game

SiouxHockey15

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated. I am going to head up to a game this winter and would like any advice I can get on a hotel. I did not grow up in the GF area and have really only been there for Sioux games, but it has been about 5-6 years since I have been up there. I would like to find a hotel close to the rink, where myself and some friends can be within walking distance to some bars and the rink, if said hotel exists. I'm not real picky, just no run down side of the road joints or flophouses, just looking at an above average place with clean sheets. I would like to stay within $150 for a suite if that is possible. Again any help on this appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions, the kid factor is not an issue, as only one of us has a kid, and I'm sure her mom will be watching her that weekend. Just looking for somewhere close that we can either walk or get a cab. I am cool with a 1 mile walk or so if needed, does GF have decent cab service? I have no problem paying for a cab or tipping a shuttle driver, just don't want friends driving drunk or anything stupid like that. I would like to be in close proximity to the rink since I am sure we will want to grab dinner and drinks before the game, and hopefully celebratory drinks afterwards.

If you want a suite hotel, Staybridge Suites just opened across from Canad. You can walk to the Canad restaurants and bars and take a shuttle to the Ralph from there. There's also Country Inn Suites further down 42nd street that is walkable from several restaurants on 32nd Ave South. The downside of the shuttles is that they arrive and depart shortly before and after the games, so you really don't have time to just walk around the Ralph corridors and take it all in. Cab service might be high demand right before and after a game though. The Howard Johnson and nearby motels could actually be walkable, but that depends on the weather.

Id call bars & ask whatever hotels are close to them - just about every bar has buses that take fans to the game it has really taken off & is fun - so popular they even bring buses up from Fargo to have enough - Speedway has several hotels / motels near by & good food & drink