SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Midseason Draft Rankings

Canuck

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't Stafford lose NCAA eligibilty if he "opted" in this years draft?

I think you're right. I heard Drew in a radio interview earlier in the year say that if he opts in to the draft this year, he'll lose college eligibility and either have to sign or go play major juniors.

He didn't seem to indicate one way or the other what he might do.

What are the chances that Stafford and Zajac are drafted by the Devils? :lol:

It makes it soooooooo hard to dislike one of my least favorite NHL teams when it is populated (or formally populated, see Commadore) with so many former Sioux players. (not only former Sioux players, but just so many college players in general) :glare:

I find it also interesting that Stafford is ranked above Booth and also that he is the first non major juniors player that would be taken in the draft. If he stays out of the draft this year, he could break top 5 in 2005 draft.

As for Zajac becoming a Devil, hard to say. I think he has a better opportunity of becoming a Devil than Stafford does.

Also on the list are Brian Gifford of Moorhead High, a few Salmon Arm products, a few Lincoln products. I THINK Gifford is slated for 5th round. Anyone know about this guy? I talked to a person today saying that Dean has been to Moorhead High to look at the team, but nothing on specifics. (edited)

As for our friend Chucko, he's slated to be the first overall pick in the 3rd round.

What are the chances that Stafford and Zajac are drafted by the Devils? ???

It makes it soooooooo hard to dislike one of my least favorite NHL teams when it is populated (or formally populated, see Commadore) with so many former Sioux players. (not only former Sioux players, but just so many college players in general) :glare:

Make me really happy!!! :):)

The Devils really like college players.... IE...David Hale, Paul Martin, Brian Gionta(BC), Jay Pandolfo(BU) ,Rafalski (Early 90s Badger), John Madden (U of Mich), Erik Rassmussen (Gophers)

Thats 7 players that are direct products of the US college system. Parise will fit in just fine.

Aslo just a note Commodore is currently playing for the Lowell Lock Monsters, I guess that means he somehow got into the Carolina Hurricanes organization.

Aslo just a note Commodore is currently playing for the Lowell Lock Monsters, I guess that means he somehow got into the Carolina Hurricanes organization.

Actually, as of this year Carolina and Calgary are sharing an AHL affiliate (which actually isn't an uncommon practice, though it is somewhat awkward). Mike is still Calgary property; he's just buried on a defensive depth chart that is very deep.

Incidentally, Ryan Bayda got send down to Lowell a couple of days ago.

The list doesn't reflect which round a player will be taken in, because it only inlcudes North American skaters. If North American goalies and Europeans were included, these guys would be farther down the list. Even so, really nice showing for some of these guys (especially the Sioux ones).

Also on the list are Blair Yoworski (sp?) of Moorhead High, a few Salmon Arm products, a few Lincoln products. I THINK Blair is slated for 3-5th round. Anyone know about this guy?

On the USHL site, Yaworski's hometown is listed as Calgary! However, Brian Gifford from Moorhead is listed in the 5th round and he is rumored to be one of the two-three Spuds that UND is after.

Make me really happy!!! :):)

The Devils really like college players.... IE...David Hale, Paul Martin, Brian Gionta(BC), Jay Pandolfo(BU) ,Rafalski (Early 90s Badger), John Madden (U of Mich), Erik Rassmussen (Gophers)

Thats 7 players that are direct products of the US college system. Parise will fit in just fine.

And people wonder why they're winning stanley cups :)