SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 College Basketball video game

darell1976

I didn't know which forum to put this but does anyone know why EASports hasn't produced a college basketball game since 2009? It would be great to see UND on the game as a part of the Big Sky. They produce college football every year along with Madden, NHL, NBA, even NASCAR, and Golf but no college basketball (no college hockey either but that's another topic).

I didn't know which forum to put this but does anyone know why EASports hasn't produced a college basketball game since 2009? It would be great to see UND on the game as a part of the Big Sky. They produce college football every year along with Madden, NHL, NBA, even NASCAR, and Golf but no college basketball (no college hockey either but that's another topic).

One must presume it is a low demand situation. I always have enjoyed them. Being NDSU with Woodside was quite fun.

One must presume it is a low demand situation. I always have enjoyed them. Being NDSU with Woodside was quite fun.

I played that game with NDSU and won a national title with them. I did hear the last one made wasn't good as the gameplay was way off. If they took the time and made it like NCAA football with ways of creating your team, recruiting, etc. there would be more of a demand for it.

Yeah, NCAA Basketball 2010 was the last one. EA Sports has really struggled for the last couple years, they had NBA Live scheduled to come out in 2010 or so, but scrapped it to revamp the entire series. They haven't come out with one since. 2kSports has really dominated that series now.

I'd love to see them make another one though (college hoops that is). NCAA Hockey will never come out, but as the CHL (WHL, QMJ, OHL) is on NHL games now, there was talk to have college teams added, but jumping through the near impossible NCAA hoop has made this difficult. I just wish EA Sports NHL13 had an online creative suite like NCAA Football has, where teams can be created and downloaded in minutes, rather than the tiring process of creating each team and player individually.

• Upvote 1

I know that former UCLA Bruin Ed Obannon is leading a class action lawsuit of a number of former college players, who felt that their likenesses were being used well after they were out of college- without receiving compensation. When EA Sports had their March Madness game, you could go back and play as that team and sure enough the player did look like Ed Obannon and others. I'm wondering if that has tempered things for EA, for the time being? At least until all the legalities get worked out.

Yeah, NCAA Basketball 2010 was the last one. EA Sports has really struggled for the last couple years, they had NBA Live scheduled to come out in 2010 or so, but scrapped it to revamp the entire series. They haven't come out with one since. 2kSports has really dominated that series now.

I'd love to see them make another one though (college hoops that is). NCAA Hockey will never come out, but as the CHL (WHL, QMJ, OHL) is on NHL games now, there was talk to have college teams added, but jumping through the near impossible NCAA hoop has made this difficult. I just wish EA Sports NHL13 had an online creative suite like NCAA Football has, where teams can be created and downloaded in minutes, rather than the tiring process of creating each team and player individually.

I love that you can create teams. I play UND all the time in NCAA football (thanks to the creators of the team on teambuilder) and I had an NHL hockey game for either SNES or PS1 (can't remember the system) but you can create a player...I created the whole UND hockey team.

I know that former UCLA Bruin Ed Obannon is leading a class action lawsuit of a number of former college players, who felt that their likenesses were being used well after they were out of college- without receiving compensation. When EA Sports had their March Madness game, you could go back and play as that team and sure enough the player did look like Ed Obannon and others. I'm wondering if that has tempered things for EA, for the time being? At least until all the legalities get worked out.

I hope that wasn't the reason EASports scrapped the series. Ed Obannon you tool. That computer guys looks like my I am suing you. LOL!!

• Upvote 1

How do you download UND ON NCAA FOOTBALL?

By going to their team builder site on easports.com and search for UND. A lot of people create a lot of teams so you kinda pick and choose. I have UND in the WAC with USD, the SU's, the Montana's up to 10 created teams allowed (without paying for more teams).

I hope that wasn't the reason EASports scrapped the series. Ed Obannon you tool. That computer guys looks like my I am suing you. LOL!!

It definitely depends on what side of the issue of how long you think an entity has the rights to your likeness, you come down on. Its a dirty little secret that when you sign all the material when you start school as an athlete, there is one document at the heart of that case that basically says the NCAA owns your likeness in perpetuity. I watch way too much Real Sports with Bryant Gumble. It was an interesting story. It wouldn't surprise me that EA, slowed everything way down because of this, because they may end up being on the hook for paying out to all athletes likeness they used. Past and present. It goes all the way to box cover art etc. I'm sure they want to see this court case play out, because licensing could get real complicated moving forward.

Will UND work on NCAA football 13. I just bought the game for that.

If you go online, you should be able to download UND. Haven't looked at the UND options, try to pick a realistic one. Some folks make those teams wayyyy too good. I remember the 3-8 NDSU team had options to download online that were freakin amazing.

If you go online, you should be able to download UND. Haven't looked at the UND options, try to pick a realistic one. Some folks make those teams wayyyy too good. I remember the 3-8 NDSU team had options to download online that were freakin amazing.

That's what I do. I try to kick ass in recruiting and build the team up.