SiouxSports.com Forum

student fan bus

Does university of North Dakota have a fan bus for football and basketball and how much is it for them?

I know there used to be buses that ran from campus to the Alerus for football games, I believe they still do and they're "free" for students (included in student fees). Basketball games are on campus so no bus for them. Not really sure what you're asking here.....

If you're talking about a student bus to away games, I know they do a couple. I was on one for a road game at St. Cloud one year and it was cheap enough that I could afford it as a college kid. There weren't a lot of students on the bus, but it was a great time!

NoDak Nation would be the group to follow for student fan buses. I'm guessing we'll need to see significantly bigger student turnouts at home games before they do a fan bus for basketball unless we get a game at Minnesota. For football they'd be pretty long trips for conference game (Montana State the closest at 13 hours) but you may see trips to SDSU or USD in the future if student interest in football continues to grow like it did this year.

Don't just stick to the student bus option. Like I said, I went on a non-student bus and it was great. They had lots of beer for the drive and it was such a party atmosphere with people who were my parent's and grandparent's age at the time, which was still very, very young :p