SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaches Club at REA

cfm567b27

There is no "Coaches Club at the REA."

"Coaches Club" is a membership level within the Fighting Sioux Club.

The South Club Room is for Fighting Sioux Club members before games.

The North Club Room is open to the public (I believe).

If you have problems with how REA is doing things talk to them.

If you have problems with how the FSC is doing things talk to Mark Rudolph.

Fair enough?

There is no "Coaches Club at the REA."

"Coaches Club" is a membership level within the Fighting Sioux Club.

The South Club Room is for Fighting Sioux Club members before games.

The North Club Room is open to the public (I believe).

If you have problems with how REA is doing things talk to them.

If you have problems with how the FSC is doing things talk to Mark Rudolph.

Fair enough?

Pardon my infraction on the verbiage I used.

I would like to gather some opinions from other "members". That might be tough to accomplish through a sole point of contact.

What would you like to discuss?

What is your take on the on again off again pre-game perks. Also the idea of opening up the bar during periods to anyone with a ticket?

Ran into a couple of fellow members who were "locked out" during the Gopher series between periods because the club was too crowded. These folks being coaches club members peering through the frosted glass into a sea full of maroon and gold jerseys in the south end bar. If it was me I would be a bit livid having payed a grand for the priveledge of south end bar access and then not being allowed inside because the general admission and first come first served policy was put into effect between periods.

There are different opinions on the subject as I have talked to more than a few who aren't too happy with what seems like a rotating policy with the south end club.

What are the other perks, other than subs or burgers once or twice a year. And a parking pass.

That pretty much wraps up the tangible perks. It does allow us to purchase lower bowl seats though (which is obviously nice).

The problem is the inconsistency and lack of communication to the members regarding changing policy (or lack thereof)....One series there is food before the game and the next there isn't. The only thing that HAS been consistent is the parking, which incidently is fantastic when the wind is whipping around at 40 mph and the temp is below zero.

I thought once the game starts the South Club Room reverts back to being a bar for all arena patrons and standing space for SRO tickets.

I didn't like all the 'maroons' in there either, but that's where their tickets were.

This is correct....However....During year one of the REA the south end bar was 'exclusively' for the use of "Coaches Club" level and above patrons. I understand they ran into an issue with low revenue being that the bar was rarely even close to capacity between periods and the bar staff was "under" compensated (tips and likewise) in comparison to the public access north end club and staff at that location. So they (REA) made the decision to have the south end club private prior to the game and open it up between periods to the general public. Additionally, IMO it has been poorly communicated to club members what the policy is and what perks (pre game food) will be in effect during which games.

While I agree in principle that REA needs to maximize it's revenue from both of these club locations during games - it is imperative the 'club' members be given perks which amount to more than just a nice parking spot. Dontaing a thousand or more a season certainly deserves more than a 300' closer walk to the front entrance.

For my wife and I, we enjoy a drink or two and some socializing in the club room before the game. After the game has started, though, we hardly ever go back upstairs. Even if it was less crowded, I doubt we'd be up there any more than we already are. The bar thing just isn't a big thing for us these days.

Just like at the Alerus, I think the beer garden in the main concourse is ridiculous. I can't believe the number of people who uncomfortably squish in that area at halftime just to have their precious warm overpriced beer. And they absolutely SWARM in there too. Unbelieveable! ;):p

Anyway, I see I've started rambling and ranting. But to address your point... Yes, I would enjoy more exclusive club perks... I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But it really doesn't bother me that much. These days, its more about the sports programs than the booze and social setting. Been there, done that.

(but if I lose my parking spot... :ohmy: )

For my wife and I, we enjoy a drink or two and some socializing in the club room before the game. After the game has started, though, we hardly ever go back upstairs. Even if it was less crowded, I doubt we'd be up there any more than we already are. The bar thing just isn't a big thing for us these days.

Just like at the Alerus, I think the beer garden in the main concourse is ridiculous. I can't believe the number of people who uncomfortably squish in that area at halftime just to have their precious warm overpriced beer. And they absolutely SWARM in there too. Unbelieveable! :huh::lol:

Anyway, I see I've started rambling and ranting. But to address your point... Yes, I would enjoy more exclusive club perks... I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But it really doesn't bother me that much. These days, its more about the sports programs than the booze and social setting. Been there, done that.

(but if I lose my parking spot... :glare: )

airmail:

Very good comments. I agree with you in that the before game exclusivity of the club makes it a nice place to meet and greet. I do find myself not visiting during every intermission but on the occasion that I do I certainly don't want to be turned away because the club is at capacity (because of SRO seats or full of other ticket holders). I'm sure that this situation will only come into play during a big weekend such as the Gophers series - so it would be nice to be accomodated in some other fashion.

The parking pass surely is a nice perk, as well as lower bowl seating (I love our seats!). I guess I'm just a little frustrated with the inconsistent (sometimes or sometimes not) pre-grame meal and issues with SRO tickets causing the club to fill to capacity.

I've been a member of the Coaches Club since 1988 and really miss the relaxed conversations, coffee and sometimes snacks that we used to have in the loft at Old Engelstad, pre-game and between periods.

I've never attended the so-called Fighting Sioux Club bar at the Ralph, not because I'm averse to having a brew now and then, but because I prefer to do that elsewhere in a venue where I can sit down at a table, relax and chat with friends about the game.

If such a facility was made available for FSC members at the Ralph, I would surely make use of it, and I'm reasonably sure many others would also.

The pregame meals information came in our packets last fall. They have not changed from that schedule that was sent to us. There was one scheduled each month all season long.

I personnaly don't go up there during periods but have gone to the pregame stuff. I don't want to fight the crowds. If there was a place we could go that we wouldn't have to fight the crowds and could sit down, I would go there.

The pregame meals information came in our packets last fall. They have not changed from that schedule that was sent to us. There was one scheduled each month all season long.

I personnaly don't go up there during periods but have gone to the pregame stuff. I don't want to fight the crowds. If there was a place we could go that we wouldn't have to fight the crowds and could sit down, I would go there.

Very much agree with that. Tables and chairs would be nice. I guess I will have to upgrade my lower bowl season seats to bar seats if I want that.

I guess that is kind of where I'm coming from - one per month for this year. During season one of the REA we had one before every game!

Why the cut backs? My thousand dollars a year certainly hasn't diminished. I guess it would be nice to have an explanation of why the perks are being restricted or retracted prior to doing so. I certainly don't plan to arrive before every game expecting a meal with fellow FSC members but when I do it would be nice to have that option.

I'm a member of the Coaches Club too and was wondering if any members have gotten their copy of the Hockey Media Guide. I've called once a month ago, they said they would let me know and I haven't heard back yet. I also had to call and get my football media guide.

I'm a member of the Coaches Club too and was wondering if any members have gotten their copy of the Hockey Media Guide. I've called once a month ago, they said they would let me know and I haven't heard back yet. I also had to call and get my football media guide.

Are media guides available for the public? I'd love to get my hands on one.

Media guides are available to the public for $12.00. A check or money order (made to UND Athletics) should be sent to:

University of North Dakota

Athletic Media Relations

PO Box 9013

Grand Forks, ND 58202-9013

Also, this year's men's and women's hockey media guides will soon be available at www.fightingsioux.com in a downloadable, PDF format.

It seems to me that FSC members are always having to call and request things that were supposed to be sent to them.

That is a correct assumption. I haven't received my media guide either. Begs the question of what do you get for a grand a year outside of a good feeling about contributing to the program(s) - not that I became a member to rake in perks.

My Football media guide was sent in the mail, I believe it came with my tickets. I haven't, however, seen the hockey one. Until now, I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me... I'll have to call this week. :glare:

I believe the intention was to do a mass mailing of the hockey and basketball media guides at the same time. However, staffing problems in the media relations department (which produces the media guides) caused the basketball guides to be printed later than usual.

That's likely the reason you haven't received them yet.

Sources tell me.

I didn't get my parking pass or media guide last fall and had to call for them. I got the guide in the mail shortly after that and had to go pick up the pass. Things do seem quite unorganized this year. Hopefully things will improve. Thank goodness the team makes it worth the money cause the perks this year don't. But boy has the team made it worth it!!!