SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. UAA - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 things I have noticed shortly into the season on the back-end

1) Shot blocking is now a huge priority

- it seems like we have gotten away from years past and it is great to see Coach Berry re-introduce it. Whether it is a stick or body, guys are doing what they can to get in the way.

2) The guys are much more aggressive on the back-end

- It is great to see everyone jumping in more and trying to have more of an offensive presence from the blue line. Sure it has caused a few odd-man rushes, but once they get more comfortable picking the spots it will be a huge asset.

3) Shots are getting through

- Berry must be stressing to take a little bit off from the back-end to get the shots too go through more. I have seen more wrist shots from Forbort this year already than I have all of last year and it has already led to a goal for him. Really great to see.

I Know I am probably the Biggest Brad Berry fan here and predicted a huge impact on everyone but most specifically on Forbort and I am glad to see it is starting to happen. Forbort is looking amazing and is now becoming the defensive player we have been waiting for. Welcome back Brad Berry, it is oh so good to see this again!!!