SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Do you really want to have a comparative scoring conversation? That won't go well for you.

Do you understand the words "most likely". It means a good chance. I didn't say we would have won.

You guys lost to Indiana State and Colorado State but yet you think you can take down Kansas State? Pot calling kettle.

CSU 4-8

KSU 11-2. Big difference.

Switch it to Indiana State 7-4

KSU 11-2.

Switch it to Indiana State 7-4

KSU 11-2.

You continue to prove my point without realizing it Darell.

Indiana State lost to SDSU last year. We beat SDSU twice.

NDSU should have beaten ISU by 50 last year by using comparative scoring.

Edit:Also, I don't see any NDSU fans using comparative scoring as their justification that NDSU has a good chance in the game against KSU. So not really sure why you even brought it up.

• Upvote 1

You continue to prove my point without realizing it Darell.

Indiana State lost to SDSU last year. We beat SDSU twice.

NDSU should have beaten ISU by 50 last year by using comparative scoring.

Edit:Also, I don't see any NDSU fans using comparative scoring as their justification that NDSU has a good chance in the game against KSU. So not really sure why you even brought it up.

So just me saying we would likely beat CSU is wrong? We never have a shot at beating anyone? Typical Bison fan response.

So just me saying we would likely beat CSU is wrong? We never have a shot at beating anyone? Typical Bison fan response.

No what's wrong is your means to justify your opinion. Comparative scoring.

If you think UND is a tough match-up for CSU then at least you have something, but to say you think UND would beat CSU completely based on you playing SDSU tough doesn't hold water at all.

If you think UND is a tough match-up for CSU then at least you have something, but to say you think UND would beat CSU completely based on you playing SDSU tough doesn't hold water at all.

NDSU crushed SHSU in the championship game. SHSU dismantled the best of the Big Sky. The best of the Big Sky made UND look like a D-III team. What would NDSU do to UND?

Do you see how little sense this type of logic makes. If NDSU and UND played, do you think the outcome would be a reflection of what I just layed out?

Go back and look at the posts, I said UND could likely beat CSU (not a guarantee) then 2 SU fans including you dismiss that statement immediately, because you think very little of our team before I brought up conparitve scoring.

NDSU crushed SHSU in the championship game. SHSU dismantled the best of the Big Sky. The best of the Big Sky made UND look like a D-III team. What would NDSU do to UND?

Do you see how little sense this type of logic makes. If NDSU and UND played, do you think the outcome would be a reflection of what I just layed out?

Just like SU beat Kansas, Minnesota and Central Michigan so they should be able to topple Alabama, KSU and other top 10 teams. See how fun this is.

Just like SU beat Kansas, Minnesota and Central Michigan so they should be able to topple Alabama, KSU and other top 10 teams. See how fun this is.

Haha, Darell, I am dismissing comparative scoring as a valid argument. Your entire post just did the exact same thing.

Go back and look at the posts, I said UND could likely beat CSU (not a guarantee) then 2 SU fans including you dismiss that statement immediately, because you think very little of our team before I brought up conparitve scoring.

Fine. I'll give you an opportunity to make an argument then.

Outside of your game with SDSU last year, what makes you think that UND would "likely" beat CSU?

Edit: And if you want to know my justification for NDSU having an opportunity to upset KSU in the fall here it is.

1) NDSU's defense is good enough to keep them in any game.

2) NDSU's is one of the most disciplined and well coached teams I have ever watched. ie they rarely give the other team extra opportunities to continue drives/have good field position.

3) KSU lost nearly it's entire defense and this will be their first game of the year.

4) KSU will have a QB who is starting his very first game against a defense that has been playing together for 3 years and knows how to make a QB sweat.

5) Winning is a culture, these guys don't really know what it means to lose. Meaning they have the confidence that goes along with that. They expect to win.(More important than anyone who hasn't played the game will ever understand)

Fine. I'll give you an opportunity to make an argument then.

Outside of your game with SDSU last year, what makes you think that UND would "likely" beat CSU?

What makes you think we couldn't beat CSU? Because we have zero wins against FBS opponents? So does South Dakota State, because we didn't win the BSC or make the playoffs our first time eligible? So did NDSU. Our defense may have been poor but our offense wasn't. We threw 600 against Montana, almost beat SDSU with our backup QB remember our starter got hurt against SD Mines. Yeah we got blown out against MSU and EWU but are you basing your dissmissal of UND football on that?

What makes you think we couldn't beat CSU? Because we have zero wins against FBS opponents? So does South Dakota State, because we didn't win the BSC or make the playoffs our first time eligible? So did NDSU. Our defense may have been poor but our offense wasn't. We threw 600 against Montana, almost beat SDSU with our backup QB remember our starter got hurt against SD Mines. Yeah we got blown out against MSU and EWU but are you basing your dissmissal of UND football on that?

I am basing my opinion on:

UND having no defense last year.

UND was embarrassed by the 3 of the 4 teams on it's schedule last year that were any good at all. EWU, MSU, Poly and SDSU.

UND had no semblance of a running game.

UND couldn't control the ball or the clock.

IMO UND is poorly coached.

UND only won a single game away from the Alerus Center last year. FBS games are always away games.

I like the idea of winning real Division 1 titles versus the JV titles. If Silo Tech is so great why don't they play with the big boys instead of the little sisters? Furthermore, when Silo Tech consistently is in the top teams have a real shot at a title year in and tear out like UND does then maybe they can brag a little. Until that time though they should just go back and sit at the table with the little sisters and have an imaginary tea party with tea and crumpets.

I am basing my opinion on:

UND having no defense last year.

UND was embarrassed by the 3 of the 4 teams on it's schedule last year that were any good at all. EWU, MSU, Poly and SDSU.

UND had no semblance of a running game.

UND couldn't control the ball or the clock.

IMO UND is poorly coached.

UND only won a single game away from the Alerus Center last year. FBS games are always away games.

UND actually led Poly 17-14 in the 4th but didn't close it out. No excuse but not an embarrassment.

I like the idea of winning real Division 1 titles versus the JV titles. If Silo Tech is so great why don't they play with the big boys instead of the little sisters? Furthermore, when Silo Tech consistently is in the top teams have a real shot at a title year in and tear out like UND does then maybe they can brag a little. Until that time though they should just go back and sit at the table with the little sisters and have an imaginary tea party with tea and crumpets.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's HayDuke when you need him.

See post #1889.

You honestly can't make this stuff up.

UND actually led Poly 17-14 in the 4th but didn't close it out. No excuse but not an embarrassment.

If giving up 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter isn't embarrassing to you then I'm not sure what to say.

You guys lost to Indiana State and Colorado State but yet you think you can take down Kansas State? Pot calling kettle.

CSU 4-8

KSU 11-2. Big difference.

Using Darrell logic.

NDSU beat YSU by about 50. YSU beat Pittsburgh handily. Pittsburgh had to really blow it against Notre Dame in 3OT. Notre Dame lost to 'Bama by 28.

Using Darrell Logic. NDSU beats Alabama in a relatively noncompetitive game.

CSU lost to SDSU 38-14

UND lost to SDSU 49-41

SDSU beat Boise. Do you think that UND would only lose by 5 to Boise now or?

Don't you mean you like the idea of choking on the "big stage" every year in front of a couple thousand fans?

Using Darrell logic.

NDSU beat YSU by about 50. YSU beat Pittsburgh handily. Pittsburgh had to really blow it against Notre Dame in 3OT. Notre Dame lost to 'Bama by 28.

Using Darrell Logic. NDSU beats Alabama in a relatively noncompetitive game.

SDSU beat Boise. Do you think that UND would only lose by 5 to Boise now or?

Don't you mean you like the idea of choking on the "big stage" every year in front of a couple thousand fans?

You don't need my logic to prove NDSU would beat Bama...your fanbase came up with their own logic after beating Sam Houston. Our defense is better than Bama plus don't forget how SU loves to throw around Sagarin and RPI numbers. Also after I said UND would most likely beat CSU (again most likely means not 100% guarantee) you said doubtful...why?

You don't need my logic to prove NDSU would beat Bama...your fanbase came up with their own logic after beating Sam Houston. Our defense is better than Bama plus don't forget how SU loves to throw around Sagarin and RPI numbers. Also after I said UND would most likely beat CSU (again most likely means not 100% guarantee) you said doubtful...why?

A.) I have yet to meet a fellow 'SU fan who actually thinks NDSU would beat Alabama.

B.) Sagarin and RPI are both fun to look at. I like Sagarin's football stuff a lot. Seems to do an OK job comparing the two different levels of football.

I would say doubtful because UND's defense was awful. Truly awful. Colorado State wasn't good by any means but UND didn't win a single game against a team that was better than them. Mind filling everyone in on UND's record vs. FBS teams?

Just come off it Darell. There isn't one Bison fan on earth that ACTUALLY believes NDSU could beat Alabama.

The "We want 'bama" signs are just as much of a joke as if Alabama fans say they think they could compete with NFL teams. It's fun to say, but nobody actually believes it.

A.) I have yet to meet a fellow 'SU fan who actually thinks NDSU would beat Alabama.

B.) Sagarin and RPI are both fun to look at. I like Sagarin's football stuff a lot. Seems to do an OK job comparing the two different levels of football.

I would say doubtful because UND's defense was awful. Truly awful. Colorado State wasn't good by any means but UND didn't win a single game against a team that was better than them. Mind filling everyone in on UND's record vs. FBS teams?

The record is the same as South Dakota State.