SiouxSports.com Forum

Aurora, CO

Sioux-cia

Didn't know her, never read her work but somehow I feel as if she were a part of my hockey 'family'. Words elude me.

Just last month, on her blog, Redfield described the scene at the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto after a gunman began shooting in the food court.

I can't get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won't go away. I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm's way. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/colorado-movie-theater-shooting-claims-life-hockey-blogger-151130034--nhl.html

Didn't know her, never read her work but somehow I feel as if she were a part of my hockey 'family'. Words elude me.

Just last month, on her blog, Redfield described the scene at the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto after a gunman began shooting in the food court.

I can't get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won't go away. I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm's way. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.

http://sports.yahoo....30034--nhl.html

My thoughts are with her friends and family as well as those of the other victims, including those who survived. I can not imagine what they are all going through right now.

As a Colorado resident, I am both shocked and sickened. Of course, I think of those who have been affected and wish them the best, etc... Personally, the whole thing sickens me and made me shut off the news/tv/radio etc... WTF is going on with people to do such a thing to fellow human beings?

Nobody around me is talking about it. So unlike Columbine...

It makes no sense at all.

I turned the television on this morning and the first thing I was was a cartoon showing buildings going up in fireballs. I turned the channel and there was another cartoon show. The animated figures wearing body armour and loaded down with weapons were shooting and killing each other. Are we desensitizing ourselves to the reality of what what happens when you blow up a building or shoot another person? Is there no thought of the consequences of our actions?

As a Colorado resident, I am both shocked and sickened. Of course, I think of those who have been affected and wish them the best, etc... Personally, the whole thing sickens me and made me shut off the news/tv/radio etc... WTF is going on with people to do such a thing to fellow human beings?

Nobody around me is talking about it. So unlike Columbine...

Friday was a somber day in Denver. I was floored when I heard the news that morning. Just sickening.

What I find strange is that he seems to have WANTED to get caught. They found him by his car... Why not flee? Why wait for the police? And the apartment boobytrap? It seems to me that it was clearly premeditated. It is all very sad and strange. I feel terrible for the victims, survivors, employees, and rescue workers... I cannot imagine trying to lay down and sleep with those horrible sounds and images in your head.

It makes no sense at all.

I turned the television on this morning and the first thing I was was a cartoon showing buildings going up in fireballs. I turned the channel and there was another cartoon show. The animated figures wearing body armour and loaded down with weapons were shooting and killing each other. Are we desensitizing ourselves to the reality of what what happens when you blow up a building or shoot another person? Is there no thought of the consequences of our actions?

I get what you are saying but I recently watched an old episode of Looney Tunes and was reminded of how violent that show was. And how old is that show?