SiouxSports.com Forum

Operation Occupy KFGO

In the last 50 years, NDSUs had a +8 margin on UND in football wins. NDSU proved that it could not only compete with UND, but control a rivalry as well as do well on the national circuit (championships) that UND always struggled with. Another thing to take into consideration when dealing with NDSU fans, is that UND has done some less than classy moves over the years. In 1958(or 56), they managed to block the NDAC from becoming NDSU. Nearly succeeded in 1960(or 1958) but failed. Becoming something other than an Ag. school was a huge step forward for NDSU that would not do anything other than allow for another major (and completely different) school in North Dakota, and UND felt threatened by that?

UND refused to schedule NDSU in sports after 2003. Football, I can understand why UND wouldn't, I still would have played but that is just me. NDSU going to Montana in 2003 when we were still D-II eligible I believe, may have killed our playoff chances, but I think if you ask anyone who is a Bison fan, they will tell you that that win (which turned the ship around) was worth more than going to the playoffs. The other sports had no reason to quit playing. It is not like NDSU immediately gained a huge advantage regardless, it takes a bit of time for those scholarship advantages to start kicking in.

UND has no reason to have much for bad blood with NDSU other than NDSU's success on the football field. NDSU as an institution, as an alumni base, and as fans have plenty of reasons to not help UND at all. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, a big reason I will vote NO is because literally almost all of my UND friends and family really want to keep the name and take the consequences that go with it, and because if NDSU was faced with a situation where one option clearly helps the institution, and one option clearly hampers it, I believe UND's track record clearly shows they are more than happy to get in NDSU's way. In no way does that mean I think all of you would vote a certain way, but UND hasn't set a precedent of any sort of support for NDSU when we could use it, I do not see why I should feel inclined to support a University that could have put an issue to bed a long time ago but instead, buried it's head in the sand.

I think you lost the friends you gained yesterday.

As jdub mentions, it's interesting that you only pick out a timeline where you can show success. Overall, UND has a winning record over NDSU. The past 20 years, a period that I would say is more relevant than picking out a 50 year period, UND has a winning record. NDSU has won more championships during the period they were in Division II and of course the title last year. But UND has also had a great deal of success at the national level over the years. Yet in spite of the success that NDSU has had, many fans still hold petty grudges about things that have happened many years ago. Many of those things had very little effect on NDSU in the long run. Maybe you and your buddies should grow up and act like adults rather than holding grudges like children.

Why is it that NDSU fans are so proud of their history, but when it comes to records against UND, the timeframe is always limited? Are you proud of your history or only part of it? Seems like a lot of cherry picking.

Also, I see you decided to parrot your whole response from what other people taught you on bisonville the last day or two.

I am proud of anything that happened during peoples lifetimes. Example...Notre Dame won a ton of titles in the 30's and 40's. I as a Notre Dame fan, think that is cool, but I am not going to brag about it. The 70's and 80's are when I would be proud of Notre Dame. I am happy they were good way back in the day, but that doesn't change the fact it is irrelevant. During my lifetime, USC has been a superior football school to Notre Dame. Therefore, I view them as the better football school. North Carolina has a huge edge on Duke in basketball victories. They are at the very least equal as far as basketball schools because of when a ton of those victories took place.

And I do not see what is wrong with using what people have taught me. Isn't that how people and technology advance? What would have happened if the guy who taught Einstein math got mad at using that math for something.* I found it interesting to see that UND was a roadblock in NDAC becoming NDSU. gave me just another reason to vote the way I will. The other things I pointed out, were things I was aware of. And yes Sioux83. I take bait on a consistent basis. The hook is only caught on my lip though, I think I'll be ok.

* disclaimer: I am in no way comparing anyone on bisonville or myself, to einstein. Maybe Hawking...but not Einstein ;)

I think you lost the friends you gained yesterday.

As jdub mentions, it's interesting that you only pick out a timeline where you can show success. Overall, UND has a winning record over NDSU. The past 20 years, a period that I would say is more relevant than picking out a 50 year period, UND has a winning record. NDSU has won more championships during the period they were in Division II and of course the title last year. But UND has also had a great deal of success at the national level over the years. Yet in spite of the success that NDSU has had, many fans still hold petty grudges about things that have happened many years ago. Many of those things had very little effect on NDSU in the long run. Maybe you and your buddies should grow up and act like adults rather than holding grudges like children.

I told you guys it wouldn't last long!

Regardless, my post above will show I don't only look at times of success. When I tell people I like Notre Dame football, I don't brag up the "Glory Days" of Rockne. I bring up the Weis, Willingham, and Bob years unfortunately.

I don't want to turn this into some dumb debate about which school is better, which it is dangerously close to becoming. Both sides can make valid points and that is good for the rivalry. Just wanted to point out things that could impact a select few voters.

Maybe the Spirit Lake court decision thing will start to impact more voters. I just think it will end up being too little, too late. Too many people like Dave and Fetch out there in my opinion.

I am proud of anything that happened during peoples lifetimes. Example...Notre Dame won a ton of titles in the 30's and 40's. I as a Notre Dame fan, think that is cool, but I am not going to brag about it. The 70's and 80's are when I would be proud of Notre Dame. I am happy they were good way back in the day, but that doesn't change the fact it is irrelevant. During my lifetime, USC has been a superior football school to Notre Dame. Therefore, I view them as the better football school. North Carolina has a huge edge on Duke in basketball victories. They are at the very least equal as far as basketball schools because of when a ton of those victories took place.

Well you aren't 50, my guess is closer to 20 so why did you pick the last 50 years other than someone had already done the math. Do you need someone to do the math on the series record during your lifetime for you? (hint, you aren't going to like it)

Also, I'm not insinuating that NDSU's national championships aren't impressive, they are. But the fact that the time frame for games against UND always needs to be edited is always amusing.

I told you guys it wouldn't last long!

Regardless, my post above will show I don't only look at times of success. When I tell people I like Notre Dame football, I don't brag up the "Glory Days" of Rockne. I bring up the Weis, Willingham, and Bob years unfortunately.

I don't want to turn this into some dumb debate about which school is better, which it is dangerously close to becoming. Both sides can make valid points and that is good for the rivalry. Just wanted to point out things that could impact a select few voters.

Maybe the Spirit Lake court decision thing will start to impact more voters. I just think it will end up being too little, too late. Too many people like Dave and Fetch out there in my opinion.

That is because you surround yourself with those types. For the record I gave you a chance but you now have ZERO credibility here.

Well you aren't 50, my guess is closer to 20 so why did you pick the last 50 years other than someone had already done the math. Do you need someone to do the math on the series record during your lifetime for you? (hint, you aren't going to like it)

Also, I'm not insinuating that NDSU's national championships aren't impressive, they are. But the fact that the time frame for games against UND always needs to be edited is always amusing.

I am aware of the series record in my lifetime. You are correct, less than favorable for the Herd. But tough luck I guess, rivalries go in cycles. I picked fifty years because it is a number everyone relates to, someone had done the math, and it its very close to the amount of time the Super Bowl has been around. Also happens to be around the time NDSU found out football was a fun sport to be better than other schools at.

The timeframe for all opponents is edited. For me, football at NDSU starts in 1963 when NDSU got Mudra to come coach. Anything before that is not really Bison football. Similar to how anything before Coach K isn't really Duke basketball, anything before Chuck Noll isn't Steeler football, etc.

That is because you surround yourself with those types. For the record I gave you a chance but you now have ZERO credibility here.

I surround myself with what types? Not really following you here. If you explain, maybe I will understand what you are getting at.

I am aware of the series record in my lifetime. You are correct, less than favorable for the Herd. But tough luck I guess, rivalries go in cycles. I picked fifty years because it is a number everyone relates to, someone had done the math, and it its very close to the amount of time the Super Bowl has been around. Also happens to be around the time NDSU found out football was a fun sport to be better than other schools at.

The timeframe for all opponents is edited. For me, football at NDSU starts in 1963 when NDSU got Mudra to come coach. Anything before that is not really Bison football. Similar to how anything before Coach K isn't really Duke basketball, anything before Chuck Noll isn't Steeler football, etc.

I surround myself with what types? Not really following you here. If you explain, maybe I will understand what you are getting at.

Your words: Maybe the Spirit Lake court decision thing will start to impact more voters. I just think it will end up being too little, too late. Too many people like Dave and Fetch out there in my opinion

plus some of the crazies on bville will ultimately poison your mind and alter your decision making process, I.E. propaganda

I only see a few fetches and daveks on here out of the vast majority, so yes it is ultimately who you surround yourself with. Also the vast majority of my friends and family back in Nodak feel that it is time to move on; once again those are the people I am surrounded by. Also, people in Colorado who ask me about this debacle are absolutely dumbfounded by how long this drama is playing out; the most popular response I hear is "isn't there anything better to do up there?" In the past I have defended the state as a whole but I am really starting to wonder...