SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone Going to Madison in February?

Fedorov

I know it is early, but I want to buy my tickets soon. I was wondering if anyone else plans on going. I have been there the last two years and it is very fun. I have never sat by Badger fans causing too much trouble, but it would be fun to sit with other Sioux Fans. I know that a bus normally goes there, but I do not know if they have extra tickets to sell. It should be a good series with the way the Badgers have been playing, and it is actually fun to hear there fricking loud goal horn. So, anyone going?

• 2 weeks later...
I have no idea about where the tickets are located at. They were bought when tickets first went on sale, I was told.

Are you going on the bus? I wonder what they do with any tickets not taken on the bus. I actually hope they have a full bus this year with how good Wisconsin is doing.

Anyone have recommendations for hotels in Madison ?

The HoJo is the best place to stay in my opinion. The team stays there, and you can walk to the game, places to eat, and bars. It is really nice to never have to drive. The rooms weren't bad, but a little spendy. I also stayed at the Super 8 which had a 24 hour pool and hot tub, but the rooms weren't that great. It also sucked to have to drive.

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding tickets: it may be too late, but avoid the upper deck if at all possible unless you're sitting in the first couple rows. The sightlines are absolutely terrible. You won't be able to see 1/3 of the ice. If there's nothing else available, buy from a scalper on the way in.

Regarding the trip: Madison is best road trip in the WCHA (so far...still haven't been everywhere). The fans are great (although like WPoS said, not very knowledgeable). And most importantly, the bars are fantastic.

I agree. This will be my third year in a row for the trip. I need to find a scalper for Saturday tickets because I don't want the third level. The Badgers have been falling a part, so I expect tickets to be available. I'm just curious if anyone else is going for the fun trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Grand Forks and currently reside in Wisconsin. I bought 4 tickets a few months ago for the Friday game. For those of you who have never been there, Mad-Town is a blast. I believe they were just rated the best College Sports Town in America by some rag.

I have been to a handfull of Sioux/Badger games at the Kohl Center...always wearing my Sioux garb of course. I have never had a poor experience with Badger fans there. It's worth the trip if you get a chance.

GO SIOUX!