SiouxSports.com Forum

GreenBeerGuy surprised by Gift at DU vs UND Hockey game

Washburn Sioux

On Friday Night's Fighting Sioux Hockey game against Denver, a Fighting Sioux Team autographed Sioux Hat was presented to the GreenBeerBuy.

GreenBeerGuy is an UND Alumni living in the Denver metro, and has been involved in hockey since his UND days.

He is always present when UND plays CC or Denver in Colorado, and is happy to tint everyone's beer green.

He is currently battling cancer, you can read the blog entry of this story:

http://dawgnationhockey.blogspot.com/2012/02/dawg-nation-surprises-fighting-sioux.html

It demostrates how close knit the "Hockey" family is, no matter where you live at.

There were a total of 33 of us family and friends at this game, a majority of us from North Dakota, and no one suspected anything like this would happen, it was a fantastic surprise!

Thank you to Dawg Nation, the Men's Sioux Hockey Team, Dave Hakstol and all of the coaches, Steve Brekke and Brian Faison, and George Gwozdecky, for doing this for my brother,

Thank you again!

Washburn Sioux

SIOUX WILL SWEEP!!!!

I saw the green beer. I was wondering what that was about. Best wishes for yoir brother in his Battle!

Did you or anyome see the Sioux fan laid out by the exit near section 7 just after the game Friday night? Does anyone know the story? Was he assaulted or some sort of medical emergency?

I was a recipient of some green dye for my beer, which was much appreciated! Nice to know the story behind it. Hope your brother is able to win his battle as well.

I did see a sioux fan sitting against the wall in the concourse. He was being attended to by event staff and there were a couple of cops there also. No idea what happened though?

• 7 months later...

New UPDATE:

On October 19th 2012, "Green Beer Guy", a Fighting Sioux Alum, was presented with a special gift from Dawg Nation Hockey, to help him with his fight against cancer.

This is an outstanding organization.

Please read the "blawg" about the presentation to the "Green Beer Guy" alias Kim McLeod, and checkout their website.

http://dawgnationhockey.blogspot.com/

Let's Go SIOUX!!!!!!!