SiouxSports.com Forum

Who Here Would Walk Away From 250K to Stand on Your Convictions?

watchmaker49

& like I've said if voting no against the referral was somehow tempered with some real honest support for the Spirit Lake Lawsuit then I say the referral vote should wait until SL wins & UND ADMIN. won't do the right thing & bring the name back

This moving to remove the name before the fight is over is why so many name supporters no longer trust UND Admin. & are shocked so many of you have been led like sheep

More people that want to take down a great institution?

I've been thinking about the stakeholders in this decision.

In the past, I would have to say that both alumni and just plain ol' Sioux fans were equal stakeholders. But, after what happened at Dickinson State, I would have to say that alumni have a bigger stake. Something that reflects poorly on our university affects the value of our education. Obvioulsy, our issue isn't nearly as horrible as what happened in Dickinson. But, there is still a problem.

This ongoing controversy, although it is only about a name, does reflect on the University of North Dakota as a whole. It needs to be resolved to shift the focus away from the name and refocus on the value of the education we received. Getting this issue resolved should be a priority for those of us who have our degrees through UND. It is important outside of the more minor issue of athletics. Therefore, we are the bigger stakeholders. They, the fans without any educational ties, are stakeholders as fans, but minor stakeholders.