SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

There are a number of things that can be done at the Ralph to improve the atmosphere. I'll start with a few obvious ones .... and last I heard the mailbox fans@theralph is still available for ideas.

1. Eliminate commercial interruptions during the third period. Its crunch time and we are selling our home ice advantage away for a few bucks worth of commercials. Ugh. Besides, we really do NOT need yet another reminder about how much fun the Sioux Kidz Club iz.

2. If you must have commercial interruptions, at least make them hockey videos. For example, if you're selling tickets for the Sioux women (which can be done in the first two periods, by the way) don't use the PA guy, put in a Jocelyne Lamoureux highlight reel goal or two.

3. During breaks in the play, leave up the out of town scores, the shot chart, the penalty clocks, the face off stats on the fascia. Don't use it only for advertising. Apply "best practices" from the NHL, please.

4. Create a set of pump-up videos to use during crunch time, depending on the situation. Here's an example from the Chicago Blackhawks ... play it with 6 minutes left in a tie game ... (it got the United Center going):

I agree. the intro is not good at all.

need some blood flowing music

Agreed with that! Everytime I hear it, it reminds me of detectives or something. Its normally pretty good but this years has been awful and they haven't changed it. I feel like I could have made something as good as that.