SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Crookston

coachdags

Evers looked good overall, just a bit wild and forced things at times. I expected to see a bit more out of Wall but this was only the first game. I like the pressure defense we put on but we gave up too many quality looks inside.

We are definitely hurting right now in that we don't have a go to scorer in the clutch. We also don't really have anyone that can create their own shot at this point. Williams looked good and I like what she brought, especially only being a freshman. I think she could develop into that go-to person for the Sioux this year, but it's going to be a bit of a struggle early in the season.

One thing I think hurt us in this game was our poor perimeter shooting. Most of our points came in the lane or via the free throw line. Not much was made from outside, either jumpshots or three pointers. Hopefully it was just a bad shooting night and not a sign of just poor shooting.

• Upvote 1

Women looked sluggish, tonite but got the Win 62 to 56....

Going to be exciting to see Evers and Wall grow into their roles....

Evers 18 points, may never have scored that many in a HS game, she is almost 6'6"...

According to the Herald she had 22 points. Regardless, quite a nice debut either way.

Evers looked good overall, just a bit wild and forced things at times. I expected to see a bit more out of Wall but this was only the first game. I like the pressure defense we put on but we gave up too many quality looks inside.

We are definitely hurting right now in that we don't have a go to scorer in the clutch. We also don't really have anyone that can create their own shot at this point. Williams looked good and I like what she brought, especially only being a freshman. I think she could develop into that go-to person for the Sioux this year, but it's going to be a bit of a struggle early in the season.

One thing I think hurt us in this game was our poor perimeter shooting. Most of our points came in the lane or via the free throw line. Not much was made from outside, either jumpshots or three pointers. Hopefully it was just a bad shooting night and not a sign of just poor shooting.

This has been an issue for years. UND may be one of the few college programs in the country that seems to have more trouble finding 3-point shooters than quality big girls.

All I'm going to say is that we have a lot of work to do. Creighton, could come in and really get after us if we play like we did last night. We better be able to hit shots from the outside or teams are going to pack it in against Wall and Evers. Very impressed with Evers- it's 1 game but she is looking like she could be far more than a contributors role and into a featured role if she keeps improving from what she showed last night.