SiouxSports.com Forum

ND HS FB 2011

The Sicatoka

OK, I can understand the demise of Fargo South. Half their team is now Fargo Davies. That's why neither is very good this year.

But what happened to West Fargo? The former powerhouse is getting thrashed of late.

And where did Grand Forks Red River come from all of a sudden? They are the 'beast of the east' this year.

Very strange.

Closing thought: Given that the top four in the AAA poll are Bismarck, Bismarck Century, Mandan, and Minot, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the AAA champion this year will come from the west.

OK, I can understand the demise of Fargo South. Half their team is now Fargo Davies. That's why neither is very good this year.

But what happened to West Fargo? The former powerhouse is getting thrashed of late.

And where did Grand Forks Red River come from all of a sudden? They are the 'beast of the east' this year.

Very strange.

Closing thought: Given that the top four in the AAA poll are Bismarck, Bismarck Century, Mandan, and Minot, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the AAA champion this year will come from the west.

Bismarch HS just reloads year after year. I'll take Bismarck to win it all and give anyone who wants to bet the rest of the Class AAA field. I'd be shocked if anyone comes within 2 TDs of BHS once the playoffs start.

Very strange.

None of the east teams are that good. GFRR got rolled by Williston.

Football performance seems very much enrollment (as well as coaching) driven. The only schools that seemed to have a chance were the four largest schools: Fargo South, West Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot. Century, Red River, Central, Mandan, Jamestown, North, Dickinson and Williston just don't have the enrollment. If schools with under 1000 10-12 had been in Minnesota, they'd be in a lower division. Now with Fargo South split, and West Fargo splitting soon, Bismarck will be the clear favorite every year (Minot just has too many lanky and slow Norwegians to compete for football.)

None of the east teams are that good. GFRR got rolled by Williston.

Football performance seems very much enrollment (as well as coaching) driven. The only schools that seemed to have a chance were the four largest schools: Fargo South, West Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot. Century, Red River, Central, Mandan, Jamestown, North, Dickinson and Williston just don't have the enrollment. If schools with under 1000 10-12 had been in Minnesota, they'd be in a lower division. Now with Fargo South split, and West Fargo splitting soon, Bismarck will be the clear favorite every year (Minot just has too many lanky and slow Norwegians to compete for football.)

Let us alums know when hockey starts!! We need to add another state title to the trophy case.