SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations 2001 Football Team

coachdags

Congratulations to all the Players, Coaches, Staff, and all the contributed to one of my fondest memories in Sioux Athletics a Fighting Sioux National Championship.

A very well deserved honor as they now this Saturday get inducted into the UND Hall of Fame. What a GREAT group of Coaches, Players and support staff, so many friends that I will not mention names, because I'm sure I would leave some out. Just want to say Congratulations and THANK YOU! for the memories, road trips, excitement. You have left your legacy on Sioux Sports enjoy the weekend, enjoy your honors and accolades, they are well deserved.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205275501

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/216371/group/homepage/

P.S. Wished I still had the bar we would celebrate til dawn...lol

Speaking of which, I wonder why UND and Souther Illinois haven't scheduled a home and home yet. (sorry slight off topic).

I too am very proud of that team. Greatest in all of Sioux football history!!!

They probably haven't because SIU MIGHT not be interested in coming up here. Who knows though...It'd be a great homecoming for Lennon. UND has had some good teams, they might be the best, they might not be, but they did everything they possibly could to prove they are the best UND has put out there, they won the championship! Something those players can be very proud of for sure, fans who were along for the ride will probably always have good memories of that team!

-Johnboy

They probably haven't because SIU MIGHT not be interested in coming up here. Who knows though...It'd be a great homecoming for Lennon. UND has had some good teams, they might be the best, they might not be, but they did everything they possibly could to prove they are the best UND has put out there, they won the championship! Something those players can be very proud of for sure, fans who were along for the ride will probably always have good memories of that team!

-Johnboy

Maybe Lennon is waiting until we are full DI members and on even ground to come up here. That 2001 SIoux team rocked!!!!

I'd love to see the video of the last couple plays of "the drive" complete with Ed S.'s play by play.

I'll never forget the people in my house for the football game going absolutely nuts during those plays. Ball is snapped - 20 people sitting down in their seats, secretly praying that we keep the ball moving... by the time he was tackled, 20 people were all standing within inches of the tv screaming, cheering, spilling beer, high fiving and God knows what else. After the touchdown, it was was mayhem. It was absolutely incredible.

Congratulations to the 2001 team - you really made us proud to support Sioux football.