SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA still selling Fighting Sioux items

siouxfan29

I thought they weren't going to be selling Fighting Sioux items as of 8-15-11???? 70+ Fighting Sioux items still being sold as of now!!!! Check it out at ncaa.com in the shop section. What hypocrites!!!!!

They know a money maker when they see one...

I thought they weren't going to be selling Fighting Sioux items as of 8-15-11???? 70+ Fighting Sioux items still being sold as of now!!!! Check it out at ncaa.com in the shop section. What hypocrites!!!!!

Hypocrisy is part of the NC$$ business model.

This from a Herald article in March...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NCAA, college athletics governing body, and UND have had a long-standing battle over the nickname and logo. The end result was that UND and the NCAA agreed to retire the nickname and logo on Aug. 15.

NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson wrote in an email to The Forum that no more products with the Sioux logo and nickname will be sold on the Web site after Aug. 15.

The university is authorized as part of the court settlement agreement until the deadline, which includes the use of that logo as part of the championship product, Christianson wrote.

When asked if the NCAA was hypocritical for selling Fighting Sioux apparel on its Web site, Christianson wrote, It is not hypocritical it is part of the settlement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So apparently today is the last day, guess we'll find out tomorrow.

This from a Herald article in March...

The NCAA, college athletics

And it's all still on the NCAA site for sale today...

I will say that although they use the words, "North Dakota Fighting Sioux", the merchandise does not use any of the Sioux logos, but the name "Sioux" is on at least one item. Most of it is pretty generic, with the ND interlocking logo and the name "North Dakota".

Still strange that they would even go that far after they fuss they made.

I will say that although they use the words, "North Dakota Fighting Sioux", the merchandise does not use any of the Sioux logos, but the name "Sioux" is on at least one item. Most of it is pretty generic, with the ND interlocking logo and the name "North Dakota".

Still strange that they would even go that far after they fuss they made.

Looks like they got rid of almost all the logos...I only saw one on a duffel bag...but still a lot of the name "Sioux", probably be weeding that out soon too.