SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on Satellite

PSB

locked in at 37%...satworks 75cm dish in NW MSP burbs.

kinda giggle at the explanation of "strong" signals either side of FSSN....I don't get those either. PSB we will do (more) business this summer.

As far as Sensor's having a dish....I don't care. I hate that place ( 2 locations I've been). Crummy food, poor services, nasty beer,...etc. I bought the dish in large part so I wouldn't be tempted to go there just to get a hockey fix....my plan worked great last year....LAST year.

Pitcrew #89

I try to satisfy many people people every week trying to get their game that they have to see. And for the past 2 seasons I have been busting my ass to make sure I can get Sioux hockey and football. I have been verbally abused and questioned so many times I can't remember everyone else thinks they know more than me. There are many parents of players, family members and alumni that really appreciate my efforts and drive long distance to come to Sensers to watch the game. I'm sorry about your bad experiences in the restaurant. If I was you and could get a dish at home great, but how many games have you been able to watch this year with that crappy tiny UND Dish. At least I know I will have the game each week because I have a 1.8 meter dish. Size really does matter everyone upgrade your dishes.

It worked last night pretty good

45-47% on the 30" dish...never lost picture

75-80 on the DirecPC dish

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, I want to thank Cheesemover for the effort Sensor's provides to get us the games. I'm hoping Marff didn't realize he was addressing the guy who busts his tail to get the Sioux on TV every week. There are better restaurants and worse restaturants here in the Twin Cities, but none serve the Fighting Sioux crowd better than Joe's. Kudos.

Second, my 30" dish was pixelated most of the night. Couldn't make out more than which side of the rink they were playing on for 90% of the game. I had 51-53 on quality all night. I should have gone to Joe's...

The small dishes are NOT going to work reliably this year.  The Ralph satelite guy sent me this:

"After looking into this problem and what is different from last year I

did see one huge difference.  Last year on the adjacent satellites

(Ones just to the Left & Right) there was not any traffic in the space

that was used by UND.  This year there are two full time signals on

both adjacent satellites on the same frequency as what UND uses.  This

will make a huge difference on smaller dishes as they have very poor

adjacent satellite rejection characteristics."

If you don't want to be disappointed, get a larger dish for the games.  There is no problem with the power from REA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stop the madness! Their is no problem with low power from the Ralph. This year, the small dishes are just not going to work. Buy a bigger dish, and stop your frustration. (see my previous post above).