SiouxSports.com Forum

Derek Boogaard dead at 28

thats a sad sad deal. those painkillers are a nasty thing to get addicted too!

Not sure if you were implying that Boogaard was addicted to said painkiller, but I didn't read anything indicating that in the above article.

He was battling concussion problems and may have been taking oxycodone for the headaches for all we know. The Star Tribune is reporting it as an accidental mixture of the painkiller and alcohol.

It's an unfortunate deal, that's for sure.

This is a time to bring up how dangerous pills and booze can be. Also, mixing medications can be deadly too. I have family members and friends who will take NyQuil, and would also take 2 maximum strength Tylenol, not knowing that Nyquil already contained a hefty dose of acetominophen, which they didn't know was the same as Tylenol or just didn't read the label. I scolded them and told them not to do it again.

1. Don't take drugs with alcohol

2. Look at the labels on your cold meds, etc, and make sure you aren't overdosing

3. Spread the word to your family and friends

• Upvote 1

Not sure if you were implying that Boogaard was addicted to said painkiller, but I didn't read anything indicating that in the above article.

He was battling concussion problems and may have been taking oxycodone for the headaches for all we know. The Star Tribune is reporting it as an accidental mixture of the painkiller and alcohol.

It's an unfortunate deal, that's for sure.

i wrote that wrong. i was meaning that they can become very addictive quiet fast, i didnt mean it to sound like he was addicted to them. although they do help with pain i think these are the types of medications that need to be thought over very carefully before you take them.

i wrote that wrong. i was meaning that they can become very addictive quiet fast, i didnt mean it to sound like he was addicted to them. although they do help with pain i think these are the types of medications that need to be thought over very carefully before you take them.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/New-York-Rangers-Derek-Boogaard-cause-of-death-052011/?GT1=39002

In your defense, the above article does state that Boogaard struggled with pain and addiction according to a statement released by his family.