SiouxSports.com Forum

Tickets For Sale on the Street on Thursday

There should be a couple of caveats to those looking and hoping to buy on the street on Thursday. There is a danger that there will be already scanned seats on the street that will look authentic and they are authentic. Problem? Shady characters go into the building with their tickets. Once inside, they go outside for a smoke and hand their scanned tickets back to a protege on the outside. Protege resells to an unsuspecting scalper, er, I mean broker, or sells directly to an unsuspecting fan. Fan, excited with a ticket, goes to entry and is denied because the ticket has been scanned. Seller on the street is long gone.

Same could happen between games. Some fans, or shall I say crooks, may decide to bolt after the first game. They get outside, and "sell" their tickets. It will look real. It will be real. It just won't scan.

In fairness, the brokers with the peddlers licenses are very likely to selling good product. Ask them for their license and their business card. Check their photo with their ID in case you have a problem. If so, let me know and I'll put a hot poker in their hind end hole for you. I am a big shot in this town. Cue, Lomackman.

The scanners have always aggravated me for this reason. Another reason where technology fails us. Why not just the old fashioned way, with a torn stub to represent proper admission and to avoid a resale? No one would buy a torn stub.

In short, be wary out on the street buyers on the day of the game. Have your seller walk you to the turnstile where, once in, you will turn to him and hand over your hard-earned cash. It's a Buyer's Beware world on the street if you are not careful.

Don't mean to cry wolf, but some folks in their excitement simply do not think as clearly as they must. There will be some evil out on the street. Guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

Especially true for some sellers on craigslist, but can come from anyone anywhere, there are those with legit tickets that scan and print multiple copies of their tickets, and sell all of them. While any one of the tickets will get one person in for that seat, only the first person there will get in, all others will be rejected at the door, since the seat has already been scanned.

Especially true for some sellers on craigslist, but can come from anyone anywhere, there are those with legit tickets that scan and print multiple copies of their tickets, and sell all of them. While any one of the tickets will get one person in for that seat, only the first person there will get in, all others will be rejected at the door, since the seat has already been scanned.

Yes. Those e-mail .pdf tickets that TicketBastard sells. They can be sold countless times over and first person there gets in. All others turned away. Personally, I do not buy "print at home" electronic tickets to events from someone unless I am quite sure of their pedigree. Or, unless they "walk me through the turnstile."

I was told that at past Frozen Fours you could leave after the first game and possibly sell to someone else for re-entry. I know at the Final Five you had to get your hand stamped and still show the ticket for re-entry, so I assume that is what they will do for the Frozen Four. I sometimes wonder why the NCAA doesn't just make it two sessions and add to the price of the tickets. You would think that for Frozen Fours like in Tampa next year, it would be easier to sell packages if the buyer could possibly sell one of the sessions to some fans of another team to make it a little cheaper. Really why does the NCAA care if people leave after the first game and sell their ticket for re-entry to the second game -- they made their money anyway. and you make fans of all the teams happy because you can get more in the door for their teams game.

I wouldn't think this would affect people looking to buy Saturdays tickets.

So let me get this straight.....once you scan your Thursday tickets for Game 1, you can't re-enter for Thursday Game 2? I'm pretty clear on this one. Someone told me today for example, you cannot go to the Duluth game, then go to the Sioux party at RiverCenter and then go to game 2. That stinks, but I see why they do it.

This may be the dumbest question of the week but Saturday's ticket stands alone, right?

So let me get this straight.....once you scan your Thursday tickets for Game 1, you can't re-enter for Thursday Game 2? I'm pretty clear on this one. Someone told me today for example, you cannot go to the Duluth game, then go to the Sioux party at RiverCenter and then go to game 2. That stinks, but I see why they do it.

This may be the dumbest question of the week but Saturday's ticket stands alone, right?

Saturday ticket is a stand alone single ticket.

It does not look like people can leave between games to go to the Rivercentre. That does suck.

Finally, I note that the NCAA tickets do have both a bar code and a tear off perforation. Back to my initial post, it will be nice if ticket takers tear the stub. This said, I suspect that they will not take that time and will scan them only, again creating the concern over crooks and confusion.