SiouxSports.com Forum

Where is the national press?

MrEdway

I remember ESPN covering the Sioux nickname issue 3 or 4 years ago with Bob Lee. With all that is going on now, why no mention? Not even on ESPNNEWS? Are they afraid if they do a story it will expose the NCAA as hypocrites? Hell, this would make a good story for Freedom Watch. I'm sure Judge Napolitano would be proud.

I remember ESPN covering the Sioux nickname issue 3 or 4 years ago with Bob Lee. With all that is going on now, why no mention? Not even on ESPNNEWS? Are they afraid if they do a story it will expose the NCAA as hypocrites? Hell, this would make a good story for Freedom Watch. I'm sure Judge Napolitano would be proud.

People outside of North Dakota probably don't care about this debate anymore.

People outside of North Dakota probably don't care about this debate anymore.

Not true. I travel a great deal outside the mid-west and wear at least one item of Sioux gear most of the time when I'm not working. I get a lot of compliments for the name and logo. I am also told by these 'outsiders' how sad and/or upset that we have to retire the name and logo. I had a patient, Goofy fan, who spent more time telling me how much he admires our hockey team's style of play as opposed to the Goofs' 'prima-donnas' (his word not mine) and his disgust with the NC$$ re the name and logo then he did about his medical concerns.

If the Sioux were on the NC$$'s H&A list, and under sanction, especially going into the FF you might have a chance of getting national media attention. As it is, the legislature's actions are really nothing more than a relatively minor regional issue in flyover country. However, the issue has been on a few newswires the past few weeks like AP.

Not true. I travel a great deal outside the mid-west and wear at least one item of Sioux gear most of the time when I'm not working. I get a lot of compliments for the name and logo.

Sioux-cia is right, I was at a class at Harper Ferry West Virginia and I was wearing a UND wind jacket with the logo on the back and my instructor asked me about the logo on my the woman was impressed with the beauty of the logo and I went on to tell her its going to be changed and that it was considered hostile and abusive by the NCAA.

Edited by Goon
  • Downvote 1