SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks UND Sioux!

Jeff Harlin

Congratulations to the Sioux...

Many thought I was nuts in the preseason for selecting you guys to make the playoffs. Of course, I picked you 4th and here you are sitting in first place in the region.

If Northwest can pick apart the PSU defense, Bowenkamp and company can do the same this weekend in the Alerus.

With the "fall" this season of Northwest Missouri and St. Cloud State, thanks for coming through for me. ???

Are there any "rumblings" as to whether or not the game will be on TV (satellite feed)? That way I can show up at a local KC pub with my 2001 UND Natl. Champ shirt and matching visor!

Go SIOUX!

H8PSU (just kidding)

Congratulations to the Sioux...

Many thought I was nuts in the preseason for selecting you guys to make the playoffs. Of course, I picked you 4th and here you are sitting in first place in the region.

If Northwest can pick apart the PSU defense, Bowenkamp and company can do the same this weekend in the Alerus.

With the "fall" this season of Northwest Missouri and St. Cloud State, thanks for coming through for me.  ???

Are there any "rumblings" as to whether or not the game will be on TV (satellite feed)? That way I can show up at a local KC pub with my 2001 UND Natl. Champ shirt and matching visor!

Go SIOUX!

H8PSU (just kidding)

Thanks for the coverage you give to dII football, and to UND in particular, Jeff!

Since we are hoping for a good crowd (hopefully more than 10,000), I'm kind of hoping it's not going to be televised locally. I think that televising the games against St. Cloud and UNO kept the crowds down by a few thousand earlier this year. A crowd similar to the one for the UC-Davis game in 2001 would certainly be nice, both in terms of numbers and volume.

Here's to NOT having it on TV!! The crowds for St. Cloud and UNO were down because it was on tv and we need a nice crowd inside the AL to make it tough on the GO-RILLAS!! (Man - you gotta love that nickname! I wish they could bring their big inflatable Gorilla with them but they'd have leave 1/4 of the team behind to get it in the plane)

Don't be afraid to call UND Athletics and let them know your feelings...My guess is 'DAZ and the FSSN will get the nod for a minimum bid AND a lot of people will stay home and watch...

I wouldn't mind seeing FSNN pick it up so I could watch on the dish. Seems like datafix is a waste of money. However, I really doubt FSNN would pick it up. They don't care that much about DII FB.

They are one of the worst FSN stations in the nation. I can't even find an email for them so I can complain.

I think that if we had a situation where a playoff game failed to sell out because it was televised... then I'd say we have a serious lack of fan support.

A serious lack of fan support? If the metrodome fails to sell out, that is a lack of fan support. Selling out a 13,500 seat arena, in a town this size is not the easiest thing to do all the time. Is there anything you are ever happy about? Ticket prices, game not being televised, etc....

The game needs to be on Satellite for all the people that don't live in and around the Grand Forks area. I am still working on getting coordinates but the Athletic office and Alumni Association have not been all that helpful.

I believe a Pittsburg-area station is covering it. That may be something to check into, also.

On the coaches' show on 1440 A.M. tonight, a caller asked about whether the game will be televised locally. Dale Lennon wouldn't come right out and say it, but it sounded like it would be. I just hope this doesn't keep the attendance down.

I have heard through the Grapevine that both KVLY and WDAZ/WDAY have put bids in to televise the game. I am pretty sure it will be on TV

If the game doesnt sell out, or if people stay at home to watch the game....... so what. The biggest wins of the year came when everyone left anyway. St.Cloud. As long as the parents, the faithful are there it wont matter. No one gave this team a chance, and especially after the Mesa State loss everyone was ripping the team again. Well for those of us who believed along with the players... welcome to the bandwaggon. The sioux will win regardless because the players and coaches have known what its like to have no one believe in you except the ones that matter.

Prediction... same as it was this time last year(Ive been saying it since last thanksgiving). Sioux rock Florence. 2 national championships and 2 conference titles in 3 years, damn it feels good. Looks like recruiting wont be a problem again

I don't think there would be any difficulty selling out the REA for a playoff hockey game. We need to give the football team just as much support as we give the hockey team.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, the first round of the WCHA playoffs never sells out, even going back to old REA. The games are usually played either during the beginning or ending weekend of spring break.

As for the football playoffs, the projected attendance tracks closely to 2001:

http://www.siouxsports.com/football/stadium.htm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, the first round of the WCHA playoffs never sells out, even going back to old REA. The games are usually played either during the beginning or ending weekend of spring break.

As for the football playoffs, the projected attendance tracks closely to 2001:

http://www.siouxsports.com/football/stadium.htm

First round of WCHA is the first weekend of spring break. Final Five is the second. Normally.

• 2 weeks later...