SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Championship?

Predator

Website show UND with a 15% chance at winning the national championship. Highest in the nation.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/ncaahockeytournperformprob.html

Anyone see this site? Comments?

Interesting...looks like part of their ranking was pts earned (wins 2 pts, ties 1)...they must have placed some weight based on 'competition faced/league you play in' as well. Notably, Union has 51 pts and is ranked below teams with fewer points; Dartmouth's 33 has them ahead of teams with more points. The Gofers are given a 25% chance of making this tourney; I'm pretty sure the only way they make it is if they run the table, and do very well in the Final Five or win the Final 5.

It would be interesting to know the criteria used to make this. Personally, I don't take a lot of stock in any prediction that gives Yale a better chance than Boston College of winning the NCAA's.

Website show UND with a 15% chance at winning the national championship. Highest in the nation.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/ncaahockeytournperformprob.html

Anyone see this site? Comments?

Website now shows 14%. I suppose the Yale win yesterday bumped them up to 13%and us down to 14. Interesting site but luck and heart not listed as an indicator I would throw this whole thing out the window come tourney time.

So Michigan Tech has a chance :0

Didn't know until seeing that Lowell had no chance that only 8 of 10 HE teams play in the conference post season.

If Tech were to go on a season-ending nine game winning streak ... (first round = 2, Final Five = 3, NCAA tourney = 4).