SiouxSports.com Forum

Official Game 1 update thread

U2Bad1

What I saw was Greene trying to close his glove on the puck while still outside the crease, but carrying it into the crease while traitor Irmen the vermin either cross-checks or checks from behind Jolly Greene and puck comes loose and goes into the net. It seems that either a penalty shot (although as I say the puck was not in the crease when Greene made contact with it) or a penalty on Irmen the vermin should have been the called. It does not seem to me a goal should be allowed in any case as either the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in or if play (and the ref's attention) continued, a penalty should be called as the puck went in on an illegal hit.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I saw was Greene trying to close his glove on the puck while still outside the crease, but carrying it into the crease while traitor Irmen the vermin either cross-checks or checks from behind Jolly Greene and puck comes loose and goes into the net. It seems that either a penalty shot (although as I say the puck was not in the crease when Greene made contact with it) or a penalty on Irmen the vermin should have been the called. It does not seem to me a goal should be allowed in any case as either the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in or if play (and the ref's attention) continued, a penalty should be called as the puck went in on an illegal hit.

I agree.. Greene did get cross-checked from behind.

The whistle did go before the puck went in. Greene actually never had the puck in his glove, it hit his arm and rolled out by the bend in his elbow. Certainly not a penalty shot, not sure why the early whistle? The cross check did knock Greene and the puck into the net.