SiouxSports.com Forum

outdoor vs. indoor

Smoggy

Which do you prefer?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• outdoor
    • indoor

I voted outdoor. Yes it can get very cold, but I do love the element of weather. There is nothing like football on a crisp autumn day when you can smell the snow coming. Or is that Simplot?

Plus tailgating just seems so much more natural when it's an outdoor game.

I voted for outdoor, but there are sometimes when outdoor football games are absolutely horrible because of the weather. I mean I don't mind rain or snow, but when the wind chill comes into factor it makes the games unbearable. On a day with no wind chill, outdoor football will always be #1. :glare:

The most interesting thing about this poll is that despite the fact that Bison and Sioux fans are sitting in indoor stradiums, the majority (in this poll) still like and prefer outdoor football. It make me wonder what would happend if there was a debate in either town to build another football facility. (I realize this is many years in the future.)

Like i mentioned before...this board doesn't necessarily correspond directly with the populations of either town. In other words, just because 20 or so of you sioux fans like the idea of an outdoor stadium doesn't mean the majority of GF people do...and beyiond all that...i doubt that more than a fraction of a percent would want to publically fund another building for football.

Like i mentioned before...this board doesn't necessarily correspond directly with the populations of either town. In other words, just because 20 or so of you sioux fans like the idea of an outdoor stadium doesn't mean the majority of GF people do...and beyiond all that...i doubt that more than a fraction of a percent would want to publically fund another building for football.

I think the majority of fans on this site are "hardcore" and I do believe that most fans prefer being indoors.

As for funding a new stadium; if we wanted to play outdoors (which would be nice once or twice a year) we could still play at memorial. The teams still uses it and it is a lot nicer than many of the stadiums in this country.