SiouxSports.com Forum

Yale @ UND

sioux fan in phoenix

UMD hosts Alaska-Anchorage. These are the games we need to win. Last years losses to Bemidji State, Wisco x2, and Tech really hurt the Dogs. We need to take care of the lower end teams, although UAA looks improved this year. Very nervous about this series, and what will happen to the Dogs rankings if they don't sweep.

The Sioux better watch out that the Nat'l #1 bug doesn't bite them this weekend!! Good luck!

No one cares about the UMD updates

I really don't mind the UMD updates as long as it doesn't turn into a pissing contest between UMD and UND. However, in this case, the UMD game bears no relevance to UND (unlike the UMD vs UM series) so I'd say final score updates would be fine.

My USCHO recap on Friday's Yale-UND game is posted.

I'm not sure it's been mentioned, but David Lundbohm was injured in Friday's game. I believe he was hurt in the second period. Blais said they wrapped his thigh and he tried to play, but couldn't go. I'm guessing that we won't see him tonight.

Genoway has been playing well. I'm thinking that he'll probably center the second or third line while Canady will center the fourth line.

I think Fylling's first goal was actually scored by McMahon. The replay from overhead showed that Fylling's shot didn't get past Gartner. The puck crossed the line only after McMahon came by and whacked at it. I was surprised that McMahon didn't get credit for the goal.

Bochenski had a goal off a skate deflection. This time, it didn't count, which didn't surprise me.

I think Fylling's first goal was actually scored by McMahon. The replay from overhead showed that Fylling's shot didn't get past Gartner. The puck crossed the line only after McMahon came by and whacked at it. I was surprised that McMahon didn't get credit for the goal.

That goal clearly was knocked in by McMahon. At first he wasn't even credited with a point on the play, but at least they changed the scoring and gave him the second assist.

On the post-game radio show Blais voiced his displeasure with having a forward be -2 for the night, especially considering UND scored 8 goals. A check of the boxscore shows that Massen was -2 and Palmo and Greene were also on the negative side.