AZSIOUX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Jay Barriball had another goal and it is 2-0 UMN

Yep, he had both UMN goals. He's really started the year well for them.

Also, Haula (frosh from Finland) has at least 3 assists (this season)...he looks to be a good one.

5min PP for UMN now. This could get ugly...UMass doesn't look too good to begin with.

EDIT: Barribal hatty. Now 3-0 UMN

Yep, he had both UMN goals. He's really started the year well for them.

Also, Haula (frosh from Finland) has at least 3 assists (this season)...he looks to be a good one.

5min PP for UMN now. This could get ugly...UMass doesn't look too good to begin with.

EDIT: Barribal hatty. Now 3-0 UMN

Gopher fans rejoice and the heavy kool-aid drinking ensues. :lol:

Yes, it will be a bit different once they aren't playing a cupcake. ;)

Indeed, I couldn't believe that the game yesterday between them was as close as it was. If it was a quality team playing that game, the Gophers would've lost.

I couldn't believe how many times the UMass team would make an errant pass or fan on the puck or miss the net on a point blank shot.

Really stirring ceremony in Chicago tonight, at their home opener. Included Jonathon Toews skating out with The Stanley Cup.

And, I found myself feeling a strong connection to the Blackhawks organization. We're here tonight, in part, because the Blackhawks owner in the 1930's hired American players (which was frowned on by the hockey establishment at that time). One of the players he hired was Cliff Purpur, who returned to Grand Forks and was a Founder of the hockey program at UND.

That plus the Fighting Sioux logo was patterned after the Blackhawks logo, most likely a benefit of Mr. Purpur's connections.