SiouxSports.com Forum

2 Tix Available for Fri Denver Game

beebsb010

My business has a suite for the game so I will not need my season tix for the Friday night Denver game.

These tix are arguably the best in the entire arena as they are 2 rows from the ice right in front of the crease where the sioux shoot twice (1st and 3rd pds) !

They are aisle seats for easy in and out access.

SERIOUS offers will be considered via PM.

Agreed!

With this craptastic economy, the last thing we should be doing is trying to rip off fellow hockey fans.

Also, in some places it is illegal to sell for over face value.

It is illegal in some places. But it isn't illegal to scalp tickets in Grand Forks. We have had this discussion before, and if I remember right the law in North Dakota states that individual cities can make their own ordinances on the subject. Grand Forks does not have an ordinance against selling tickets for more than face value. You may not like it, but it is legal and our free market system says that you can sell tickets (and most other things) for whatever price you can get for them.

I am not 100% positive on this, but can you even get lower level tickets via ticketmaster? This guys tickets are 2nd row from the ice and are very good seats to watch the sioux score during the 1st and 3rd periods. Also, in reading the forum guidelines it says season ticket holders may view the fighting sioux club donation (mandatory donation) as part of the cost of their tickets. So I would say you would maybe need to go above $45 for this pair of tickets but that is just my view, everyones is different, and I understand that. If there were tickets galore in the lower level, then you would maybe have to settle on the $45 but it is a huge series against a hated team.

Siouxhockey5

I am not 100% positive on this, but can you even get lower level tickets via ticketmaster? This guys tickets are 2nd row from the ice and are very good seats to watch the sioux score during the 1st and 3rd periods. Also, in reading the forum guidelines it says season ticket holders may view the fighting sioux club donation (mandatory donation) as part of the cost of their tickets. So I would say you would maybe need to go above $45 for this pair of tickets but that is just my view, everyones is different, and I understand that. If there were tickets galore in the lower level, then you would maybe have to settle on the $45 but it is a huge series against a hated team.

Siouxhockey5

We have season tickets in the lower bowl - 9 rows off the ice in the corner where the Sioux shoot twice. If we take the cost of the actual tickets and add the Fighting Sioux Club membeship at the Coach's Club level, PLUS the applicable fees and mandatory playoff tickets ,and divide by the number of games there are in a season, it comes to $31.36 per seat per night. Well below the $45 per seat he is asking. I do agree however that market dictates that no one would argue with asking $45 per seat - but to be accusing that the buyer is trying to lowball you is not correct.

We have season tickets in the lower bowl - 9 rows off the ice in the corner where the Sioux shoot twice. If we take the cost of the actual tickets and add the Fighting Sioux Club membeship at the Coach's Club level, PLUS the applicable fees and mandatory playoff tickets ,and divide by the number of games there are in a season, it comes to $31.36 per seat per night. Well below the $45 per seat he is asking. I do agree however that market dictates that no one would argue with asking $45 per seat - but to be accusing that the buyer is trying to lowball you is not correct.

That is some good math, thanks for doing that, I always wondered what it came out to be. I don't think anyone is argueing him asking $45 per seat, just maybe the person looking to sell his ticket to a sioux fan wanted/has been offered/ expected more.

Siouxhockey5

Of course the total per seat cost will also change with the Fighting Sioux Club level. Levels higher than Coach's Club will be more. We are in the upper deck and the last time I figured our ticket price by the game it was closer to $20. We usually sell any extra tickets at approximately face value, sometimes rounded up to a number easier to handle like $30 if the face value is $28. The extra dollars selling them that way help pay for games like Manitoba or during school breaks when you can't always sell the tickets or have to sell them real cheap. For instance, we have usually sold Manitoba and Under 20 tickets for $10 just to get bodies in the seats and recoup a few dollars. And a few times we have taken offers to let the free market decide the price, like for Minnesota games. And for some games you can't sell the tickets or the person that agrees to buy them doesn't show up, so you lose money on those days. I don't think we have ever made money selling tickets at the end of the year, the goal is always just to come close to break even for tickets that we don't plan to use.

• 2 weeks later...