SiouxSports.com Forum

Brewster beaters bowl

Matt

I think this will be a close game...........

NDSU appears to be struggling on offense.............

USD always struggles on defense..............

NDSU's defense has been very good so far, but.................

I think USD's new QB Dante Warren is in the Noah Shephard mold, and could give NDSU fits.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if USD were to go home with a win from the Fargodome, nor would it hurt my feelings at all if NDSU were to throttle the Yotes..........

I'll pick South Dakota by 6 in this one. They seem to be the sexy pick right now having beaten one of the worst BCS FBS programs in the nation, similar to what NDSU did a couple years ago in the Metrodome.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this one isn't even close. The Bison offense is dreadful and USD probably hasn't been this good since the 80's. USD will also have the advantage of playing with a serious chip on their shoulder after all of the bulletin board material NDSU's fans, coaches, and administrators have offered up the last four years. My prediction is USD 31 NDSU 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bohl is still not saying who the starting QB will be.......but I will tell you this.....if he starts and plays Mohler and the Bison loose......Bohl better be running because the pitchforks and torches will be coming out of the stands!

How about this senario...USD crushes NDSU at the Fargodome then next week UND crushed USD in the DakotaDome...wouldn't that just heat up the Sioux-Bison not playing rivalry even more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How about this senario...USD crushes NDSU at the Fargodome then next week UND crushed USD in the DakotaDome...wouldn't that just heat up the Sioux-Bison not playing rivalry even more.

Using the dreaded comparative scoring, it would also mean we are better than UMN-Twin Cities in football. :ohmy:

Not sure about that.........but it would mean Bohl probably should get in contact with the Secret Service and see if he would be able to get around the clock protection. The fans would be going crazy. Note that on Bisonville there is not one thread about Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year. That tells you a good bit about the tentative mood of the fans.

Actually, I am not too sure why you guys are pushing Muss so hard for it. He has not been horribly impressive either.

Not sure about that.........but it would mean Bohl probably should get in contact with the Secret Service and see if he would be able to get around the clock protection. The fans would be going crazy. Note that on Bisonville there is not one thread about Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year. That tells you a good bit about the tentative mood of the fans.

Actually, I am not too sure why you guys are pushing Muss so hard for it. He has not been horribly impressive either.

Why wouldn't you support your own coach. If Bison fans would skip spouting about UND and who we play maybe someone there could provide a link and they can vote for Bohl.

• Upvote 1

I think it could be a competetive game, but I hardly see the Yotes rolling over NDSU. I like their chances, but it is difficult for me to believe that this year's Coyote team is vastly superior to last years. I know, I know they beat UMTC, and hats off for that accomplishment, but NDSU also beat Kansas which is probably alot better than UMTC. And both of those schools are probably near the bottom of FBS, espececially UMTC.

Its only a selct few who are pushing for him. Some of us feel that awards should be based on merit. And he has done nothing so far in his career to warrant discussion for coach of the year. I know some are only doing it because they see it as a possible recruiting tool (which I find laughable) but how about we dont cheapen it so if Muss does win it some day, it will actaully be deserved.

I think it could be a competetive game, but I hardly see the Yotes rolling over NDSU. I like their chances, but it is difficult for me to believe that this year's Coyote team is vastly superior to last years. I know, I know they beat UMTC, and hats off for that accomplishment, but NDSU also beat Kansas which is probably alot better than UMTC. And both of those schools are probably near the bottom of FBS, espececially UMTC.

I tend to agree regarding USD relative to last year's team. I'm sure there's been some improvement by players such as Gainious (sp?) and Powell, but I have to assume that Warren was Shepard's backup for the past two seasons, and not the other way around, for a reason, and Shepard was 0-4 as a starter vs. UND.

They did pick up a good defensive coordinator since last year, although it does not seem that there's been a noticeable improvement on that side of the ball as of yet.

The big unknown is what will the Bison offense do. So far I have not seen anything horribly impressive and lots that made me want to puke. Can the O-line hold up against tougher D? What will Jensen play like if he takes some hard hits? No one knows.

All I know is NDSU will likely fare much better against USD than will the game I am actually attending. Air Force will likely pummel WYO. Something about run up the middle, run left, run right, punt.....that is so predictable. Another long Saturday afternoon at War Memorial.

The big unknown is what will the Bison offense do. So far I have not seen anything horribly impressive and lots that made me want to puke. Can the O-line hold up against tougher D? What will Jensen play like if he takes some hard hits? No one knows.

All I know is NDSU will likely fare much better against USD than will the game I am actually attending. Air Force will likely pummel WYO. Something about run up the middle, run left, run right, punt.....that is so predictable. Another long Saturday afternoon at War Memorial.

What would be worse if Mohler played and lost the game or start Jensen and have him lose the game. I think if either happens Bohl has a mess on his hands.

What would be worse if Mohler played and lost the game or start Jensen and have him lose the game. I think if either happens Bohl has a mess on his hands.

He will, but if he starts Jensen it will show that he is trying some different looks to get a sputtering offense working. If he starts Mohler he will convince many of the fans who believe Bohl is stubborn, that he indeed is. There seems to be a lot of discussion about whether or not Bohl is so inflexible that it is a major coaching short coming. Many fans are totally convinced that is why he kept starting Mertens for as long as he did.

Like I said earlier.....If he start and plays Jose for the game and the Herd looses, you will see pitchforks and torches coming out of the stands....it will be very ugly.

I gotta say...I think Bohl is a decent coach and I would not want to see him get canned this year. I want to see how his recruits are looking next year. That is probably a more reasonable criteria on which to judge him. But.......fans of any team are a rather impatient bunch and can turn damn nasty very fast.

He will, but if he starts Jensen it will show that he is trying some different looks to get a sputtering offense working. If he starts Mohler he will convince many of the fans who believe Bohl is stubborn, that he indeed is. There seems to be a lot of discussion about whether or not Bohl is so inflexible that it is a major coaching short coming. Many fans are totally convinced that is why he kept starting Mertens for as long as he did.

Like I said earlier.....If he start and plays Jose for the game and the Herd looses, you will see pitchforks and torches coming out of the stands....it will be very ugly.

I gotta say...I think Bohl is a decent coach and I would not want to see him get canned this year. I want to see how his recruits are looking next year. That is probably a more reasonable criteria on which to judge him. But.......fans of any team are a rather impatient bunch and can turn damn nasty very fast.

Especially when your team is not known for losing seasons. 1 losing season people can live with you get into 2 or more fans are ready for a change.