SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year

SiouxMD

Mussman is up to No. 23 now. Whether you think this is nothing more than a popularity contest or that Mussman doesn't deserve our votes, I suggest that we vote for hm often. Him being among the top vote-getters may have a positive affect on recruiting.

Seems to me to be way too early to do this. In view of being short on tailbacks after Sutton, Murray, and Miller it seems a coaching oversight may be a real problem.

Seems to me to be way too early to do this. In view of being short on tailbacks after Sutton, Murray, and Miller it seems a coaching oversight may be a real problem.

Not really sure you can hang this on him. Only one running back (Binns) has left the program from Mussman's two recruiting classes. Any recruiting deficiencies really should still be pinned on Lennon at this point

It may be early but if he does not get votes now it will be near impossible to make up lost ground when the time is right.

GO SIOUX

Sorry to be a "Negative Nelly" but I am not going to vote for Coach Muss in this poll. I have yet to be convinced that he has our program headed in the right direction for the transition.

That is certainly up to you but I look at it as a vote for the University of North Dakota - hopefully, it might do a little to help with building the stature and credibility of our program as we make the transition.

Speaking of voting, there is a game going on over at AnyGivenSaturday.com. We could use some more votes for UND. We have been sitting in 3rd for most of the game but have since dropped to 5th with only 7 teams left. The McNeese fans have been hitting us hard.

You can vote once per day. Since the game has been going on so long, they have switched it to 1 vote for your school and -2 for another school.

Speaking of voting, there is a game going on over at AnyGivenSaturday.com. We could use some more votes for UND. We have been sitting in 3rd for most of the game but have since dropped to 5th with only 7 teams left. The McNeese fans have been hitting us hard.

You can vote once per day. Since the game has been going on so long, they have switched it to 1 vote for your school and -2 for another school.

I have voted every day. Stupid App St fans along with McNeese St fans are making that game tough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It appears that I and one or two others are the only ones voting for Mussman.

Two comments:

1) I realize that this is nothing more than a popularity contest!

2) As I have stated before, I don't look at this as a vote for Mussman - I am voting for UND. I am concerned that being near the bottom of the list reflects negatively on the program and shows there isn't a great deal of interest in the program (which is unfortunately true to some degree). I am sure that some potential recruits look at this voting. They certainly don't make their college decision on something as trivial as this but it could be a negative that just might help "tip the scale" in deciding to go elsewhere.

If you don't agree with this philosophy, please don't respond - there is no need to debate it. If you do agree, please vote - it only takes a minute to do so.

• Downvote 1