SiouxSports.com Forum

Walking distance from UND to Alerus&Ralph

JESUS,family,rutgers

I was wondering if on football/hockey Saturday's people park their cars on campus and walk to the stadium and arena. How long does it take to walk from one to the other? Thanks for any help.

JFR:

Depending on the what part of campus, the Alerus is 1/2 mile to almost 2 miles. UND sponsors free buses that take fans to the Alerus from the Chester Fritz auditorium parking lot. Alerus charges to park per car (like $5), but it takes time to empty the lot after the game. There isn't street parking near the Alerus unless you go for a long hike. It's two miles between the Alerus and Engelstad, as Engelstad is on the opposite side of the campus.

There is street parking available near the Ralph, but again you might have a hike. All of the Ralph lots are reserved for season ticket holders, but there are $5 University lots available within a 0..5 mile.

I was wondering if on football/hockey Saturday's people park their cars on campus and walk to the stadium and arena. How long does it take to walk from one to the other? Thanks for any help.

I've never personally walked it but I looked at the google maps walking directions and it says:

UND Parking Ramp to Alerus: 1.8 miles (35 minutes)

Alerus to the Ralph: 2 miles (38 minutes)

UND Parking Ramp to the Ralph .7 miles (14 minutes)

Google says it's 1.2 miles from the Chester Fritz Auditorium to the Alerus Center. Some students walk and there are shuttle busses. Wouldn't be a bad walk in nice weather. Parking at the Alerus is $5.

Parking away from the Ralph and walking is alot less hassle. They have a shuttle from the new parking ramp.

Also, several of the bars/restaurants run shuttles on game days.

What I do for football/hockey Saturdays is park in the Alerus Center parking lot for football, and then drive to a local establishment and eat dinner at place that has a shuttle bus to/from the hockey game.

We always park on streets just to the east or south of the Ralph. The earlier you get there, the closer to the arena. Not a bad walk from wherever you can find a place on those streets. Takes a while to get your car into the line leaving the streets after the game, but not bad.

Whitey's in East Grand is a decent place to eat, then take the Whitey's fan bus to the game.

We always park on streets just to the east or south of the Ralph. The earlier you get there, the closer to the arena. Not a bad walk from wherever you can find a place on those streets. Takes a while to get your car into the line leaving the streets after the game, but not bad.

This is what I do as well when I am not working. I then take side streets or university ave to miss the traffic jams.

I stay at the Canad Inn - it is worth the little more in price - park on Friday afternoon leave on Sunday - little to no driving required. Shuttles to REA for hockey games and you can walk to tailgating area for football games. My wife and kids love it because the kids have the water park in the facility and shopping is close by for my wife.

I stay at the Canad Inn - it is worth the little more in price - park on Friday afternoon leave on Sunday - little to no driving required. Shuttles to REA for hockey games and you can walk to tailgating area for football games. My wife and kids love it because the kids have the water park in the facility and shopping is close by for my wife.

I live in GF, but if I didn't, I would stay at Canad for the reasons you mentioned above. The shuttles to hockey games are a must, Canad's are fun, Whiteys has 2 (although they are under new management, so we will see what happens with the shuttles), and so many other bars/restaurants have them. The drawback is that you get to the game only 20 minutes before faceoff, so if you want to take your time and walk around the Ralph, which you MUST do, only take a shuttle 1 of the nights.

Well,that settles it--I'll be parking in Darrell's parents' driveway!!! ---Not worried about traffic since I live in a state that has 8 million people and is the size of a postage stamp.The walk from campus to the stadium sounds good.I wish the restaurants around here had shuttles to games,but I want to get to the arena with plenty of time to wander around.

Well,that settles it--I'll be parking in Darrell's parents' driveway!!! ---Not worried about traffic since I live in a state that has 8 million people and is the size of a postage stamp.The walk from campus to the stadium sounds good.I wish the restaurants around here had shuttles to games,but I want to get to the arena with plenty of time to wander around.

I'm sure the Darrell's parents won't mind that your car leaks a little oil. Keeps the snirt down.