SiouxSports.com Forum

APR's to be released Wednesday

star2city

With the football program still suffering through a number of athletes leaving the program and academic eligibility issues, will it's APR drop? With hockey losing two players to Major Juniors, how does that affect APR?

APR: Portland State Vs Kentucky

ESPN on how APR favors large schools

Supposedly, the Big Sky will continue to be rocked by APR issues: Portland State will be banned from post-season in basketball and Idaho State will lose another six scholarships and have practice time limitations imposed.

I'm disappointed to see the low score for Men's Cross Country. XC has typically been very good as far as academic achievement. What's going on?

813 - that is truly pathetic for an APR score.

Are scholarships even offered for men's cross country? If they are, they likely are no more.

I'm disappointed to see the low score for Men's Cross Country. XC has typically been very good as far as academic achievement. What's going on?

Your scores are based off of only one year. With such a limited sample, you get some low scores like cross country and lots of high scores like your eight 1000s. Once you have a full, four-year set of data, those numbers will even out. I would suspect the low MCC score was due to transfers more than academic ineligibility. We had a similar problem with wrestling right after our move. A number of wrestlers transferred to Mankato State to continue to compete for DII championships. Those transfers hurt our APR for years. Today, our APR in wrestling is a respectable 940-something. It just took four years for those transfers to work through the system. By the time your numbers actually count for something, your MCC number should be back in the black.