SiouxSports.com Forum

REA bidding on 2013 F4

brianvf

From Brad's blog:

UND has submitted a bid to host the 2013 Women's Frozen Four, athletic director Brian Faison said today.

This would be the senior year for the Lamoureux twins.

Who knows if the NCAA will grant the regional to Ralph Engelstad Arena with the logos in it; the NCAA was rather vague is saying what UND would need to do. UND will soon chat more with the NCAA about it.

There's no doubt it would be an attractive bid for the NCAA and there's no doubt that the Sioux figure to have a very good team that season.

Was thinking UND could host with Urban Plains as the rink. The women's Frozen Four doesn't need much seating (unless UND is in it, of course. :silly: )

That just doesn't seem right. To host a FF and not get to show off the Ralph on the national stage but instead go 70 miles south to your arch rivial town. Perhaps!

• 2 months later...

I am sorry but I do not see the NCAA giving UND a regional or anything ever again. What makes me mad is the we dropped the name and we still do not get anything so why drop it? On the men's hockey side the NCAA wants it in an neutral place which is sigh the X.

Women's Frozen Four to UMD, Minny

2012 in Duluth

2013 in Minneapolis

I am guessing we will have to show that we can draw more than 300 people to one of our own games before they let us host the NC game.

With the Lammy twins in town now you can bet they will get closer to 3000 fans once they start winning which they will by the way.I have been to quite a few womens games and I am looking forward to seeing more this coming season.