SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to watch Sioux Game in Minneapolis

Whoosh

Wondering where the best place to watch the game would be. Our luck we are in town and the Sioux got sent out east. Joe Sensers sounds good, but which one would be better or anyplace else. Thanks and GO SIOUX!!!

Not a big fan of sensors anymore. I really like Champs for my sporting events. Last time I went to sensors they would not put on the game because there was mma fight going on. This after I asked if the game was going to be on at hostess desk and was told it would. I had already ordered my food when they informed me that the gophers game was on also and they didn't have enough tv's for the sioux game with the fights also going on, so I was stuck there. Sorry to burst the sensors bubble but this wasn't the first time it happened. Note, there is also a pay per view fight that night and the NCAA basketball games. So call ahead and make sure it is not just one tv.

Not a big fan of sensors anymore. I really like Champs for my sporting events. Last time I went to sensors they would not put on the game because there was mma fight going on. This after I asked if the game was going to be on at hostess desk and was told it would. I had already ordered my food when they informed me that the gophers game was on also and they didn't have enough tv's for the sioux game with the fights also going on, so I was stuck there. Sorry to burst the sensors bubble but this wasn't the first time it happened. Note, there is also a pay per view fight that night and the NCAA basketball games. So call ahead and make sure it is not just one tv.

wow, for the past 5-6 years Sensors has been "The" Sioux bar in Minny...

wow, for the past 5-6 years Sensors has been "The" Sioux bar in Minny...

Yeah, I'd never say it's a Sioux bar, because it isn't. Too me, if it was a "Sioux bar" then the Sioux wouldn't get bumped for MMA fights and would be one of the most important sporting events they show. There have been many times where I've gone to the one in Bloomington or Roseville and the host looks at me like he/she doesn't know what I'm talking about when I ask for a seat for the Sioux game and he/she has to go talk to a manager. I mean the place is okay, but it's really nothing to get excited about. And lol @ "best food in town" comment. Not even close.

Last night during the Wild game FSN said they would be broadcasting the Sioux v. Yale game so you don't really need to go to Senser's it will be broadcast all over the Twin Cities.

As a minneapolis Sioux fan I will be forever grateful to the Bloomington Sensers because they have bended over backwards to get us every game on TV ever since the Ralph started putting the games on satelite. They would even contact all of their professional "inside" satelite contacts to find us games that were not known to be available on satelite. They cooks even made us Red Pepper grinder copies one night. Great support of Sioux hockey for those of us who cant make it to the Ralph.

Until someone on this board opens a Sioux Hockey Bar in the twin cities, Sensers Bloomington is the best place to watch the games with lots of other Sioux fans.

PS- The Plymouth location can not get a good satelite signal for Ralph games, so dont go there. I think they are also more crowded with UFC misfits.

Yeah, I'd never say it's a Sioux bar, because it isn't. Too me, if it was a "Sioux bar" then the Sioux wouldn't get bumped for MMA fights and would be one of the most important sporting events they show. There have been many times where I've gone to the one in Bloomington or Roseville and the host looks at me like he/she doesn't know what I'm talking about when I ask for a seat for the Sioux game and he/she has to go talk to a manager. I mean the place is okay, but it's really nothing to get excited about. And lol @ "best food in town" comment. Not even close.

Last night during the Wild game FSN said they would be broadcasting the Sioux v. Yale game so you don't really need to go to Senser's it will be broadcast all over the Twin Cities.

Well it's the best thing you are going to find in the Twin Cities!

No, if you want the best thing you are going to find in the twin cities, I suggest Sunsets in Woodbury or Minnetonka(I always went to the one in Woodbury). Thier wings are awesome and always good service. They will turn the TV to the game. And if sensors were the sioux bar, why is the F5 get together for the sioux at the hoggsbreath?

No, if you want the best thing you are going to find in the twin cities, I suggest Sunsets in Woodbury or Minnetonka(I always went to the one in Woodbury). Thier wings are awesome and always good service. They will turn the TV to the game. And if sensors were the sioux bar, why is the F5 get together for the sioux at the hoggsbreath?

Two part answer:

A) I personally know the owners of the Hoggsbreath as they have sponsored by softball team for 15+ years. It's a nice, quiet venue on a Saturday morning in March.

B) The Hoggsbreath is a quick 7 minute drive out of St Paul. The Bloomington Joe Senser's is a 20-30 minute jaunt to the Xcel Energy Center, depending on traffic on Shepard Road and parking conditions by Eagle Blvd.

BigChief is right, the Bloomington Joe Senser's is a great place to watch the Sioux, but tonight, you'll be competing with NCAA basketball and other events, so it won't be the only gig on TV there.

unfortunately, you're absolutely correct. I just wish there was something better, but outside of me or some other Sioux fan opening their own place that's not going to happen. we are in the goopher hole after all.

Two part answer:

A) I personally know the owners of the Hoggsbreath as they have sponsored by softball team for 15+ years. It's a nice, quiet venue on a Saturday morning in March.

B) The Hoggsbreath is a quick 7 minute drive out of St Paul. The Bloomington Joe Senser's is a 20-30 minute jaunt to the Xcel Energy Center, depending on traffic on Shepard Road and parking conditions by Eagle Blvd.

BigChief is right, the Bloomington Joe Senser's is a great place to watch the Sioux, but tonight, you'll be competing with NCAA basketball and other events, so it won't be the only gig on TV there.

I used to live in the area, the Bloomington Sensers was great when I visited. It was like I was "back home". I loved it.