SiouxSports.com Forum

Potential for a Bison/Sioux playoff rematch

WYOBISONMAN

This could shape up to be a very interesting year with a playoff rematch in Grand Forks. For that to occur I think that both the Bison and the Sioux are going to have to win out the rest of thier seasons. From the NDSU perspective we need to have an offense that shows up for the whole game. UNO got creamed by the Bison because the offense was there the whole time. The Sioux outcome was because of the inconsistent perfomance of the offense.

If both teams can run the rest of the schedule the powers that be will have to let both teams into the playoffs despite the losses by both.

In a game that went to overtime, anything could have happened. One dropped pass, one less penality, one more yard. If NDSU was on the other side, I wouldn't be too excited about meet UND in an opening round playoff match-up.

Maybe the Alerius could sell that game out instead of having a several 100 open seats like this past Saturday.

If UND wins out there is no way they will miss the playoffs no matter how the NSIC team are treated. NDSU may need a little help on the other hand, but again if the BISON can win out I think it would be tough to deny them a spot as well. It would help a great deal if Winona had a loss in the upcoming games.

In a game that went to overtime, anything could have happened. One dropped pass, one less penality, one more yard. If NDSU was on the other side, I wouldn't be too excited about meet UND in an opening round playoff match-up.

Maybe the Alerius could sell that game out instead of having a several 100 open seats like this past Saturday.

Just like last years game at the Fargodome where they called it a sellout. We had a couple hundred seats open in our section alone.

Just like last years game at the Fargodome where they called it a sellout. We had a couple hundred seats open in our section alone.

Good point, The Sioux Bison game was still a sellout. And by looking around I didn't see any open seats, but that wasn't the case in Fargo last year when they announced a capacity crowd with many open seats throughout the "dome."

In a game that went to overtime, anything could have happened.  One dropped pass, one less penality, one more yard.  If NDSU was on the other side, I wouldn't be too excited about meet UND in an opening round playoff match-up.

I can virtually guarantee that UND and NDSU will not meet in a first-round playoff game this year. Teams from the same conference don't meet in the first round anymore unless it absolutely can't be avoided, i.e. if three teams from the same conference make it in.

Wouldnt it be sad if the NSIC got two teams in and the NCC and MIAA both had one?

No offense to the NSIC but they don't compare to NCC teams, Winona is good for the NCC but would probably have 2 to three loses already.

No offense to the NSIC but they don't compare to NCC teams, Winona is good for the NCC but would probably have 2 to three loses already.

Winona and Duluth have both done very well considering that they're in a conference that limits scholorships in an already limited scholorship division. Duluth will be a reigon power once they get all 36 scholorships that the division allows (for now...and we all know it's going down again soon)