SiouxSports.com Forum

Dataflix

sprig

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BAck to 5 on 5, then a weak call on BC with :36 left. Brandt pulled, 6 on 4.

Just before the penalty ended, BC dman falls and the Sioux get a 2 on 0 chance in deep. Pass from boards to wide open Parise is cut off by Kaltainen.

Game over... 2-1 BC.

Nothing wrong with taking a split with the #1 ranked team in the nation.

I have no problem with a split against the number one team in the country, but i have a huge problem with the sioux's play in this game. UND have now scored -1 goals on power plays in three games. Unless that improves, UND is going to get smoked by teams like Minnesota.

I think it's a bit early to be pressing the "panic button". Afterall, this isn't Canisius or Concordia. A split, even at home, with BC is a pretty decent way to start the season. Anybody who was expecting shootout tonight, esp after last night, probably doensn't pay attention to these things. I agree that the lack of offense, esp on the PP, is a concern, but BC doesn't bring a bunch of cupcakes to the Ralph. We have plenty of time to develop and there's a lot of work to do to get to the Fleet, and I think this series gave the team a good outline of where it needs to work to beat teams like Minnie, UMD, Denver, etc. Then we can beat the Eagles in front of their fans in April, where it really counts and count how many BMWs are driven into the harbor. ;):angry:

This loss wouldn't sting so much if the Sioux at least hustled for 60 minutes & converted on ONE PP. Geez, they should be pumped, throttled, jacked & psyched to play the #1 team in the country. BC's good & maybe that's a reason, but I didn't sense that people who saw the game thought the Sioux were very passionate in their performance. No passion, untimely mistakes & penalties, horrible on the PP. Hope the Sioux weren't content with a split & hopefully they learn something from this. I want my 2 1/2 hours back...

Pi$$ed off Sioux fan in Phoenix

I'm fairly certain that if Blais was not happy with the play, hustle, etc. from tonight, and the team will be "addressing" those issues in practice. After coming back last night from a deep hole to beat BC, it's possible the team phoned it in. That attitude will probably result in sprints, running the stairs, etc., either from Blais or the captains. ;)

Ummmm take it from someone who was there: It was not entirely the Sioux's fault. Especially on the SHG. Ok, we played sloppy. Ok, maybe we deserved to lose. But I have never EVER seen an officiating job done so poorly in my entire life! Yes, I'll even go so far as saying Derek Sheperd does a better job. The SHG came after a BC player tripped our player next to the net and made us pay for Anderson's stupidity. Again, penalties were being called on us and, when done the same way by BC, were not called.

Don't let the score fool you, folks, Anderson decided the outcome of the game before the puck dropped.

It's one thing to get thrown off one's game plan by an opponent. It's another thing entirely to get thrown off one's game plan by a ref. The officiating has to change. An apology has to be made because we did not lose this game based on what lead up to the second goal. We lost this game based on a biased and unprofessional officiating crew.

Anderson, Freeman, and Hanson= Don't EVER EVER EVER come back to the REA again. You guys don't belong outside of High School or Pee Wee hockey. Hell, I'd even imagine the parents would eat you alive there too.

Very poorly officated game, I think. UND didn't lose because of it, but it is still so frustrating to watch. How in the name of all that is right with the world Colby Genoway (?) got called for tripping or hooking or whatever the hell it was when the BC player took out Freeman is completely beyond me. I was completely dumbfounded. Just like when Bucks was called for tripping when he and another BC player were fighting for the puck. Huh? Wha? Huh?

So all you wizards out there:

1) How is that going to affect our ranking?

2) How will that affect our PWR?

1. It won't drop UND out of the top five. If it did, who cares at this point.

2. The BC games will eventually help UND's PWR rankings in two ways. The first is that UND's RPI (most important component of PWR) will not drop as dramatically as last year when UND loses some games in the second half this season. Having two games with BC on the schedule will help UND's SOS. Secondly, going 1-1 with BC will help the Common Opponent component of PWR with anyone who does not play BC to a .500 clip. As BC will win most of the season series with eastern teams, this will help.

PWR is fairly volitile until the last few weeks of conference playoffs, don't get worked up about it now. At least wait until January.