SiouxSports.com Forum

Delta expanding western service from North Dakota

nodakvindy

Looks like Delta is added westbound service to Salt Lake City from all major cities except Grand Forks. This is really a bad break and will likely drive more traffic to FAR. Hopefully GFK is working hard behind the scenes. Having westbound service would be extremely beneficial for UND if it ends up in a western-based conference as opposed to the Summit.

How does Minot get service before Grand Forks does?

Seasonal. The Bismarck and Minot flights will only be for the summer. The same is true for the second flight they're adding to Fargo. I guess they figure that adding second flight for a few months is a better option than starting a GF route for the same amount of time.

edit: Looks like I might be wrong about this, too; bad day to be me. According to the Minot paper, Minot and Bismarck will get permanent flights to SLC starting in May, and then a second daily flight will be added in June to those two airports plus Fargo that will last for the summer. Minot will also get another flight added to MSP for the summer. The article didn't say whether that flight will be seasonal as well, or whether Bismarck will see a similar increase.

Seasonal my but. Hal Gershman said GF wasn't even informed about what was going on in Bismarck. The same dirty tricks continue to happen to GF. Most of you are college grads I am not never went to college. It's mind boggling to me that what is going on in GF and the state is delberately trying to keep economic progress from happenning here. Dorgan will be badly missed but at least we still have 2 amigos left. If GF had to rely on the state legislature for GF to prosper we would die a slow death. Thank you Byron Dorgan for your fairness to all corners of the state. Hooven is the worst thing that can happen to UND and GF. Hoevens is the guy who would spend his Saturday afternoons with the biggest college presidental crook of all time in ND. Great judge of character. Go Heidi Heitkamp she may by the smartest politician in ND period. I love UND and GF if any of you have been to more FB of BB games than me congrats you have been to alot of them. For UND to prosper GF has to prosper. End of rant.

Seasonal my but. Hal Gershman said GF wasn't even informed about what was going on in Bismarck. The same dirty tricks continue to happen to GF. Most of you are college grads I am not never went to college. It's mind boggling to me that what is going on in GF and the state is delberately trying to keep economic progress from happenning here. Dorgan will be badly missed but at least we still have 2 amigos left. If GF had to rely on the state legislature for GF to prosper we would die a slow death. Thank you Byron Dorgan for your fairness to all corners of the state. Hooven is the worst thing that can happen to UND and GF. Hoevens is the guy who would spend his Saturday afternoons with the biggest college presidental crook of all time in ND. Great judge of character. Go Heidi Heitkamp she may by the smartest politician in ND period. I love UND and GF if any of you have been to more FB of BB games than me congrats you have been to alot of them. For UND to prosper GF has to prosper. End of rant.

Couple of things: for the first time, Minot is actually participating in the Bakken oil boom. Delta monitors business conditions and knows what is coming. Hess moved their ND headquarters there, and there's an incredible amount of drilling going in just SW of Minot near Parshall. Bakken drilling is expected to move beyond Mountrail county into Burke and possibly Renville and Ward counties, and maybe even as far east as Bottineau county. With the housing pressure on in Williston and the changing geography of the oil-boom, Minot may be entering it's biggest boom since the AFB went in.

Agree that Hoeven was in bed with Chapman. Chapman could sweet-talk anyone, and politicians are especially vulnerable to that kind of BS. The true Chapman was revealed with the housing episode: Marcil and Hoeven know they were bamboozled and will be especially careful to avoid that kind of association in the future. NDSU doesn't have any goodwill left in the state, so don't expect any kind of favoritism to play out in their direction. UND was hurt in that Kupchella, while honest and straightforward, was just too socially awkward for politicians to want associate with him or do any favors. Kelly seems to have a little more charisma, although not a good speaking voice.

With the voter outrage at pork, the ability of any ND senator or representative to bring home the kind of bacon that Dorgan and Conrad did may effectively ended.

I think the next major issue within eastern ND will be how quickly Fargo-Moorhead can install some sort of diversion system. With the coming spring thaw, businesses in FM will tire of dealing with the flooding uncertainty, and even when the diversion is built, taxes will rise. While I'm certain GF has no plan whatsoever to capitalize, that could be an unintended consequence.

Agree that Hoeven was in bed with Chapman. Chapman could sweet-talk anyone, and politicians are especially vulnerable to that kind of BS. The true Chapman was revealed with the housing episode: Marcil and Hoeven know they were bamboozled and will be especially careful to avoid that kind of association in the future. NDSU doesn't have any goodwill left in the state, so don't expect any kind of favoritism to play out in their direction. UND was hurt in that Kupchella, while honest and straightforward, was just too socially awkward for politicians to want associate with him or do any favors. Kelly seems to have a little more charisma, although not a good speaking voice.

So is everything Chapman's fault?

Couple of things: for the first time, Minot is actually participating in the Bakken oil boom. Delta monitors business conditions and knows what is coming. Hess moved their ND headquarters there, and there's an incredible amount of drilling going in just SW of Minot near Parshall. Bakken drilling is expected to move beyond Mountrail county into Burke and possibly Renville and Ward counties, and maybe even as far east as Bottineau county. With the housing pressure on in Williston and the changing geography of the oil-boom, Minot may be entering it's biggest boom since the AFB went in.

With the voter outrage at pork, the ability of any ND senator or representative to bring home the kind of bacon that Dorgan and Conrad did may effectively ended.

I think the next major issue within eastern ND will be how quickly Fargo-Moorhead can install some sort of diversion system. With the coming spring thaw, businesses in FM will tire of dealing with the flooding uncertainty, and even when the diversion is built, taxes will rise. While I'm certain GF has no plan whatsoever to capitalize, that could be an unintended consequence.

Pork is only an issue when Democrates are in control. On a side note do any of you really think a Democratic administration could get away with a Patriot Act type of bill. Only Republicans can get away with taking away your civil rights.

So is everything Chapman's fault?

:D You guys would defend Chapman's *ss til death. Everyone knows he was an awesome snake oil salesman, I'll give him that.

Now just go back to bisonville hole and blame everything on the UND conspiracy.

Pork is only an issue when Democrates are in control. On a side note do any of you really think a Democratic administration could get away with a Patriot Act type of bill. Only Republicans can get away with taking away your civil rights.
Pork was one of the main reasons why the Republicans lost control of Congress four years ago. Taxpayers are just sick and tired of it.

As far as civil rights, seems the media doesn't care what's going on with the Justice Department's monitoring of the internet. ???

My previous post wasn't meant to be an attack on what you wrote. I actually agreed with you that Hoeven had horrible judgement in getting in bed with Chapman. Hoeven allowed unacceptable behavior by Chapman to go on for way to many years and Hoeven basically signed off on Potts' firing. Hoeven's judgement on that matter was disgusting.

Hoeven's also spent a number of Saturday evenings in Grand Forks during the course of his 2 and half terms. Having said that..............

Let's keep a lid on the political talk per the Forum Terms and Rules.

Since you put in your 2 cents the Repbs were kicked out of office for one reason. THEY TURNED A HUGH SURPLUS INTO A HUGH DEFICIT AND BRAGGED ABOUT IT WITH CHENEY SAYING DEFICITS DON'T MATTER. PATHETIC. OK I'M DONE. BY

Since you put in your 2 cents the Repbs were kicked out of office for one reason. THEY TURNED A HUGH SURPLUS INTO A HUGH DEFICIT AND BRAGGED ABOUT IT WITH CHENEY SAYING DEFICITS DON'T MATTER. PATHETIC. OK I'M DONE. BY

:ohmy:

This comes from a member of a political party that looks to spend trillions of dollars that the US doesn't have....but hey, tit for tat.

I'm done.