SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING SIOUX vs UND FIGHTING IRISH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should pick another tournament for next year that will have tv coverage. What happened to the subway tourney we used to do? I don't think it would be very tough to get teams to play at the Ralph.

Anybody have the radio link?

I find it funny that more college hockey isn't on TV. The Cornell and UNH game was on ESPNU today and the Outdoor game at

Fenway is going to be on TV as well this week.

Maybe we should pick another tournament for next year that will have tv coverage. What happened to the subway tourney we used to do? I don't think it would be very tough to get teams to play at the Ralph.

Anybody have the radio link?

it happened over thanksgiving at the ralph.

I find it funny that more college hockey isn't on TV. The Cornell and UNH game was on ESPNU today and the Outdoor game at

Fenway is going to be on TV as well this week.

It's all about ratings. Not enough people interested in watching the games to get TV people interested in broadcasting. Only a limited number of schools have a big enough following to warrant regular television broadcasts.

per brad

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--29 Chris VandeVelde--10 Corban Knight

19 Evan Trupp--22 Brad Malone--26 Brett Hextall

8 Mike Cichy--18 David Toews--21 Matt Frattin

13 Brett Bruneteau--9 Mario Lamoureux--27 Carter Rowney

2 Andrew MacWilliam--24 Ben Blood

3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto

20 Joe Gleason--4 Corey Fienhage

31 Brad Eidsness

35 Tate Maris

Notre Dame's lines

26 Nick Larson--17 Billy Maday--15 Christiaan Minella

22 Calle Ridderwall--21 Kevin Deeth--12 Rich Ryan

9 Ryan Thang--4 Riley Sheahan--19 Ben Ryan

16 Dan Kissel--6 Patrick Gaul--27 Ryan Guentzel

28 Ian Cole--2 Kyle Lawson

3 Brett Blatchford--5 Teddy Ruth

33 Joe Lavin--24 Sean Lorenz

30 Brad Phillips

31 Tom O'Brien

32 Mike Johnson

Maybe we should pick another tournament for next year that will have tv coverage.

It's before game time, so let me post these observations:

Totally agree we should find another tournament for a number of reasons....I drove five hours to watch yesterday's game, and it was great to see the Sioux live, but a couple of observations: First, the games were poorly attended. As I made my way to our seats yesterday I found a Notre Dame fan sitting in our seats (14th row center ice) and noted as such. His reply: "I attend this tournament every year, and there's hardly anybody here, so we just scatter about when the game starts." I suggested he scatter out of our seats, to his annoyance.

Second, the Sears Centre had a few quirks: No center ice scoreboard. One end of the ice has no seating and has a huge black background which must annoy the goaltenders. The glass on the boards is FULL HEIGHT all the way around the ice!? So, at center ice, 14th row, we were still watching the faceoff through the glass. Also, I'm not sure if the arena is used to hosting hockey, as they played no music or announcements during breaks in play most of the first period and then only sporadically. When they did break out the music, they played, I kid you not, "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce....

Lastly, I knew there was bad karma when the lady at the Notre Dame-run tournament t-shirt and keepsake stand looked at my coat and started in on "how could North Dakota be using a stacked "ND" since Notre Dame owns it". She then concluded that it must be a newer development, and it was sad that Notre Dame had sold off the license for it.... My response: "sorry, I don't see anything I want." (Indeed this was true, as they didn't even have any of the guest team logos on any of the tournament memorobilia with the exception of the one-page team line-up poster/sheet [hey, I forgave them for not listing Frattin as it was understandable]....)

I am not registered and don't have an account. Isn't there just a way to link into the radio station and hear the game or do I have to go through the fightingsioux website?

I think they black out the audio stream, you need to register for free at FightingSioux.com. It's not always blacked out, but quite a bit.