SiouxSports.com Forum

Zach Parise

sioux fan in phoenix

Zach's passion to play despite a semi-serious injury just reinforces my belief about hockey players: They are the grittiest, most dedicated players on the planet. A baseball player bruises his pinky & we have a major whinefest on our hands & he's out of the line-up 3-4 weeks...

Hey, don't be joking about a bruised pinky. That's some serious $h!t ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach's passion to play despite a semi-serious injury just reinforces my belief about hockey players: They are the grittiest, most dedicated players on the planet. A baseball player bruises his pinky & we have a major whinefest on our hands & he's out of the line-up 3-4 weeks...

Anyone remember Mark Mcgwire? Great BBall player, no? Yeah, well, he stubbed his toe while exitting the tub and went on the day to day list.

WOW.

Jim Thome is the same way.

That's why Football and Hockey are the best sports in the world. Stubbing toes and breaking fingernails are piss ant injuries that only produce the whine "Put more tape on that damn thing, I need to get out and play NOW!"

Anyone remember Mark Mcgwire? Great BBall player, no? Yeah, well, he stubbed his toe while exitting the tub and went on the day to day list.

WOW.

Jim Thome is the same way.

That's why Football and Hockey are the best sports in the world. Stubbing toes and breaking fingernails are piss ant injuries that only produce the whine "Put more tape on that damn thing, I need to get out and play NOW!"

Yeah. I remember watching a NHL game, I forgot completely who it was, but it was playoffs... anyway, some guy for.... toronto maybe? I dunno, but he got this HUGE gash over his eye, blood all over the place, (he had gotten hit by a slap shot I believe) well they stitched him up on the bench. He missed 1 shift. Any other sport and that guy would've been out for a month.