SiouxSports.com Forum

Bison-Sioux set to play in baseball

Shawn-O

Weren't they the last teams to play each other as well...only fitting that they start the rivalry up again. Kind of interesting that it's a double header being played at the Metrodome.

With the Twins opening a new stadium, the Metrodome as college baseball venue should be more available. The Gophers play most of their games there too.

Would be interesting if the Metrodome becomes be a weekend home away from home for the Sioux. Could even become a Summit League baseball tournament location.

What might really attract fans is if a UND-NDSU baseball series could be played in the new Target Field in late April or early May.

April 4-5, 2010 falls on a Sunday/Monday. I have to admit that I don't fall college baseball much (at all)...is it common to play on a Sunday? If they wanted to maximize the crowd and restart the rivalry with a bang you would think they would schedule at least one of the double headers for Saturday.

I say UND takes 3 of 4.

GO SIOUX

April 4-5, 2010 falls on a Sunday/Monday. I have to admit that I don't fall college baseball much (at all)...is it common to play on a Sunday? If they wanted to maximize the crowd and restart the rivalry with a bang you would think they would schedule at least one of the double headers for Saturday.

I say UND takes 3 of 4.

GO SIOUX

early season games (especially at the dome) can be played at all hours of the day. I went ot a few early (9AM) games at the dome for college baseball.

Looking at UMD's schedule they play a Thursday/Friday games in February at 9AM

most games in April/May are weekends

• Downvote 1