SiouxSports.com Forum

Southern Oregon vs UND

SiouxMD

If SIU wins a couple of playoff games, I wonder if Lennon will get a shot at an FBS job? Maturi should fire that clown Brewster and hire Lennon.

I think he will have to have more sustained success over a period of years before that happens (this is only Lennon's second year there). Winning an FCS title would definitely do it. And I do think Minnesota could be a potential destination for Lennon. Man, what a conflict for some of us, being fans of Lennon and disliking the team he coaches!

I think he will have to have more sustained success over a period of years before that happens (this is only Lennon's second year there). Winning an FCS title would definitely do it. And I do think Minnesota could be a potential destination for Lennon. Man, what a conflict for some of us, being fans of Lennon and disliking the team he coaches!

Normally I'd agree, but I can't help but wonder if Brian Kelly's success may cause a school to want to get Lennon before a bigger/better program does, assuming SIU makes a deep run into the playoffs? While he doesn't have a long history with SIU, he does have a fairly long history of success as a head coach.

Normally I'd agree, but I can't help but wonder if Brian Kelly's success may cause a school to want to get Lennon before a bigger/better program does, assuming SIU makes a deep run into the playoffs? While he doesn't have a long history with SIU, he does have a fairly long history of success as a head coach.

Good point. I would suspect that Lennon won't take just any FBS job; he'll want to go to a school that is committed to football and will spend the money to make the program a success. I think if the Rodents dump Brewster and Lennon has success in the playoffs this year, it is not entirely implausible to think he could end up there. With that new on-campus stadium, I think he could recruit kids to go there.

This team is such a joke that we end up talking about Southern Illinois on our game thread - what a poor effort - how can we be so flat? I hope I never hear the why isn't here a better crowd cry again. We have to put out a half-way decent product - play with some intensity.